Rate my team and I'll rate yours. 8 team h2h standard score - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team and I'll rate yours. 8 team h2h standard score

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team and I'll rate yours. 8 team h2h standard score

Postby Senseimatt » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 am

8 team league. ESPN standard scoring. 2nd overall pick. Next to each player I put the draft position in parenthesis.

QB:Matthew Stafford (15)
RB1:Arian Foster (2)
RB2:C.J. Spiller* (82)
WR1:Larry Fitzgerald (18)
WR2:Victor Cruz (31)
Flex:Jordy Nelson (34)
TE:Jermichael Finley (47)
DST:Bears (50)
K:David Akers (98)

BN:Tony Romo (63)
BN:Percy Harvin (66)
BN:Michael Bush (79)
BN:Jason Witten (95)
BN:Kendal Hunter (127)
BN:Eagles (111)
BN:LaMichael James (Waivers/Dropped Carson Palmer #114)

*Not sure who to have as RB2

My strategy was to get a QB at 1, and then Gronk/Graham with my next pick. Since the #1 took Rodgers, I abandoned that strat, and took Foster with my first overall. Whenever I went for a #2 RB, they got snatched up. I took what I felt was BPA, but in hindsight I probably could have gotten a decent #2RB.I'm not too happy with my picks of Nelson and Cruz because of the big plays that padded their scores last year, but overall I think I have a solid team.

My opinion:

Flaws: Depth at RB, possible one hit wonders, no Gronk/Graham, will Tate steal from Foster?,

Strengths: QBs, WRs are great if they can repeat, WR depth, Foster is beast even if Tate steals, the potential of LaMichael James and C.J. Spiller especially considering the starters of those two teams (Old and injury risk).

Only question is should I try and make a trade before the season starts to get a RB2? If so who should I dump? I lost J. Charles last year who was my #1 in a ten team league, but Gronk was able carry me to a near playoff berth. No depth at RB hurt me then, but I feel in an 8 team league it's not as big of a deal.

Any input is appreciated. Link your team and I'll give my opinion.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team and I'll rate yours. 8 team h2h standard s

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:54 am

QB: A- I love Stafford, not a huge Romo fan though. ( even as a backup )

RB: C+ Foster is great obviously but after that all of your RB's are starting the season as backups, they all have great upside though. But you're correct to think that you may need another RB I wouldn't try to make a trade just yet though, scan the WW and wait about a week to see what pans out during the rest of the preseason before making a hasty decision.

WR: A+ I think you did a great job here, you have good starters and your depth is great.

TE: A I like Finley this year and Witten is a good security blanket if Finley doesn't pan out. ( I think he will come back from injury just fine )

D/ST: B- I think you might have reached here taking them with pick 50 in an 8 team league, you might have been able to find a low end RB2 or a good flex RB at that point. That being said, their D/ST is good and will do fine. I do think you should look to drop a D/ST for a good RB as a steal from the WW

K: A+ Akers is good. ( kickers are slightly irrelevant though as long as they don't score 0 points you're fine )

Overall: A- I think you have a very good team here.

Rate mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516808
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Senseimatt » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:33 am

WastelandENT wrote:K: A+ Akers is good. ( kickers are slightly irrelevant though as long as they don't score 0 points you're fine )

I agree, but Nick Folk missed a field goal last year that cost me a playoff spot :(
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:36 am

That is extremely unfortunate %-6 I can see why you made sure to get one of the better kickers in the league! ;-D
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BigBlue1030 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:39 am

Solid team at all positions except RB (with the exception of Foster). You did a nice job of making sure to get a capable backup to Stafford. I really like your WR's, and with Harvin on the bench, he gives you a solid trade chip to sure up some depth at the RB spot. If Witten comes back 100% he can be a top 5 TE this season, again giving you more trade pieces to upgrade that RB2 spot, which I think you should really focus on. You might not like your TE's, but I expect bigger things from Finley this year.

Help with mine: viewtopic.php?t=516812
BigBlue1030
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby klovell1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:58 pm

solid team although you are a little weak at RB, but as long as foster is healthy he will rack up the TD's, your receivers are excellent, abandoning the early TE pick is something i am for I never take a TE that high even with that being one of the popular trends these days with the likes of grahm and gronk. But i would most assuredly start witten over finley at TE
klovell1
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Roster Ratings