First Time Auction Draft - How Did I Do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First Time Auction Draft - How Did I Do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Time Auction Draft - How Did I Do?

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 am

I haven't played FF the last few years, and just completed an Auction Draft with the guys I've played with before. This is an 8 team league with the following starting positions:

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 DEF

Here's who I drafted:

QB: Stafford, E.Manning, Vick
RB: McFadden, J.Charles, Turner, Greene
WR: Dez Bryant, Stevie Johnson, Colston, Bowe, Wayne
TE: Pettigrew, Keller, Fleener
K: Prater
DEF: BAL

Any feedback is appreciated.
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Time Auction Draft - How Did I Do?

Postby Senseimatt » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:06 am

QB: Stafford and Manning are good at QB. I would trade Vick since you only need 1 QB. Vick can be good, but he can also be hurt all the time.

RB: McFadden and Charles are great when healthy and I think Turner is decent. I would put Turner in a Flex. The Jets won't score enough for Greene to be useful.

TE:Pettigrew is a good TE, I think he has the potential to be at Finley/Witten level and I expect Megatron to get less opportunities. Fleener is a rookie, so who knows? He does have his buddy Luck, and that could potentially be a P.Manning/D.Clark remake. Keller is on the Jets so... same thing I said about Greene lol.

K/DST:Kickers are kickers IMO, and the Ravens defense is always a safe bet even though they're getting old and Suggs is out.

WR:I think you have issues at WR, as in I would not have drafted any of them. To me they're all "could be good" type of players. Colston has too much competition, Bowe has Charles returning from injury, Wayne has a rookie QB and is getting old, Bryant isn't much of a TD threat(definitely talented), and Johnson is an average #2 IMO.

With 3 WR and 2 Flex, you're options at WR might have been limited. If that's the case, I think you have 3 good RBs with potential to be top 5, and Stafford is a Stud. Manning/Vick are solid backups at QB. The WRs probably won't hurt you if talent is spread out.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 am

QB: A+ I love Stafford, and Eli should be a very good backup. I would look to move Vick though he is injury prone and I don't see a reason to keep 3 QB's

RB: A- I like Turner and Charles, McFaden scares me a little bit but definitely has the ability to be a top 10 RB. I am not sure Greene is in for a big year because of how stagnant his offense is. ( I hope he does well though, I got stuck with him in my auction league as my RB2 but it was worth it because of how stacked the rest of my team is ;-D )

WR: A- I like Colston, Bowe, and Johnson a lot. Wayne should serve very well as your 5th WR. Bryant has the ability to be a top 10 WR but I am not sure he will do it this year.

TE: A Pettigrew should be solid all year long. Keller might have some issues because of how bad his offense is. Fleener could be a nice surprise this year too. With all that said, I don't think you need 3 TE's maybe you could look to move a TE with Vick

D/ST: A+ I think Baltimore might have one of the few defenses worth keeping through their bye week this year

K: B Prater will be fine, Kickers only matter when the go out and score 0 so Prater will get the job done.

Overall: A+ This is one of the better teams I have seen, I am impressed with the fact that you were able to stretch your money enough to grab all these guys. I do think you should package Vick and one of your TE and find a team that really needs a QB and trade for a RB, I really like the guys you have at RB but Turner is getting old and has Rodgers right behind him and Charles is coming off injury so you might want to look at getting some insurance at RB.

Rate mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516808
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback so far. I definitely think I may need help at WR. My RBs should be solid as long as they are healthy.

Any other thoughts? Leave a link and I'll help rate your team
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Senseimatt » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:36 pm

You have trade bait with Vick/Manning, or if you're feeling ballsy trade Stafford and keep those two. I like to keep 2 QBs, but you can get away with having 1. You have 3 TEs which you don't need, and Greene has some trade value as well. I think landing a WR at the Greg Jennings skill and consistency level will make your team very strong. I would shy away from guys that rely on big plays such as Cruz/Wallace/Nelson. I think Percy Harvin or A.J. Green would be good adds if you could swing a deal.

Rate my team: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516805
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby michelleintofootball » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 am

Excellent picks in general, with the notable exception of running backs. I would be extremely nervous relying on the four that you've chosen.

Not that any one of them is a problem...it's that I don't personally see two solid RB and am worried a bit for McFadden's health.
Michelle Mellisus
Hoboken (yeah baby), New Joisey
michelleintofootball
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Roster Ratings