10 Team snake draft yahoo standard scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team snake draft yahoo standard scoring

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team snake draft yahoo standard scoring

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:41 am

QB: Stafford, Rivers

RB: McCoy, F. Jax, Bradshaw, Green-Ellis

WR: A. Johnson, Colston, Bowe, T. Smith, D. Moore

TE: Tamme, Daniels

K: Bironas

D/ST: Buffalo

I feel like I drafted really well for this team, I had pick number 5 so i was ecstatic when McCoy fell to me.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Team snake draft yahoo standard scoring

Postby jeloman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:05 am

Love Stafford. He's only been getting better and he should put up top 4 numbers. Rivers is also a good backup although he doesn't have V-Jax as a threat anymore. McCoy and Fjax is a great 1-2 punch at RB. Ahmad Bradshaw as your RB3 is awesome and BJGE is another great great RB4. You're definitely set at that position. WR seems a bit shaky though. I like Andre Johnson but he seems to get injured every season. He'll put up good numbers for you when he's healthy but be prepared in case he goes down. Colston and Bowe are decent WR3 but since you have Colston as your WR2, thats not a good thing. I LOVE Torrey Smith. I really think he'll be a good WR3 this year and he should prove to be a good pickup should Bowe or Colston struggle. Your TE's are decent. Tamme is a good gamble seeing as he's reunited with Peyton. Owen Daniels is a decent TE with Matt Schuab throwing him the ball. No problems there.
Overall good team. Only position that you should look at is WR. Andre Johnson could go down any point this season and you have to be prepared for that. Watch the waiver wire and look for trades. B+/A-
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Senseimatt » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:29 am

QB: A Stafford is great. I am not a fan of Rivers. He's lost his #1receiver and he seems to be losing his grasp on being a good QB. Unless Gates is Gates again, I see him being a bust.

RB: A+ Great depth. McCoy could potentially be #1 this year. A steal at 5 IMO. Great consistency too. F. Jax is another great pick. Even with the platoon possibility, he should be scoring double digits. Bradshaw and Green-Ellis will cover you well enough if McCoy and Jax go down, and are great for a flex position/bye weeks.

WR: B- A. Johnson is the below Megatron tier, so a great #1. I think Colston and Bowe have too much competition, and may break your heart when they put up 0 in a week. Smith and Moore are speedsters that either score copious amounts of points, or nothing at all. They'll do more of the latter. Johnson should be consistent, and you should be fine starting Colston or Bowe. However, there may be more reliable WRs available.

TE: B- We'll see if Tamme=Clark in Denver, but Daniels will be Daniels in Houston. There's 3 tiers of TE IMO. The Gronk/Graham tier, which will win your leagues. The V. Davis/Witten/Finley/Gates/Clark/etc. tier, which will win you games. The last tier you get surprised if they catch a ball, and dance if they happen to have caught it in the end zone. Both guys are in the bottom tier. I don't see that changing even with Peyton in Denver, and Daniels will probably decline with Foster/Johnson being healthy. Not a huge deal, but you may be able to pick up someone better off the waiver wire.

K: A+ even though I have no idea who he is.

D/ST: C- I like the Bills potential and was tossing around drafting them myself, but based on last year they gave up a lot of points. Potentially a good defense, but there are other defenses I would have picked that you know will be good.

Overall I'd give you an A+. Your depth at RB in a 10 team league is great. A goose egg from a WR won't hurt you as long as you have your RBs doing work. Stafford/McCoy can carry you, and you still have Johnson and Jax to help. You can easily replace D/ST if needed. This team would be good in my 8 team league, so with 2 extra teams it should be a champion contender.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby BigBlue1030 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:42 am

Another solid draft. Great job at the QB position. I'm the opposite way on Rivers then most, and think he's due for a bounce back. He'll be throwing the ball a lot with Mathews out, and still has some capable targets in Floyd, Gates, Meachem, and Royal. Good job on the RB's in both starters and depth. WR's are solid if healthy, watch out for the injury bug... Andre and Colston have both had it happen recently, but Smith is a solid 4 off the bench. Love the Tamme pick as a starter, I'm sure you got him late, and I can see him exploding.

Help with mine: viewtopic.php?t=516812
BigBlue1030
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 am

Thanks for rating my squad

QB- A: I think you did very good here. Stafford will continue to put up some big numbers. Rivers as your backup is solid.

RB- A+: Very solid RBs. Good depth. Should come in handy for any flex positions.

WR- B: Hopfully AJ can stay healthy and you have yourself a good #1. Even though I drafted Colston myself, I am not too sold on him right now as being a dependable #2 option. N.O. just has too many weapons. Bowe, I think, is a good pickup (picked him up myself). I really like T.Smith. I think he'll have a great year and should put up some good number for your team

TE- B: Tamme could be solid with Manning. Owens should put up some decent numbers

K: Should be fine here

I would see if you can upgrade your WRs and get more depth. Try and shoot for a solid #2 contributor. Keep a close eye on your TEs. Other than that, I think you did a good job of drafting. Good luck!
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby BLTalpos » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

QB: "A" Stafford is a great pick with many weapons. Rivers is playing the Saints Week 5 (Stafford's bye week) and I don't see that defense being overly aggressive this year.

RB: "A+" McCoy at #5 is awesome, 'nuff said. Fred Jackson makes me nervous due to his age and system, but your back-ups are essentially RB2s too. Wouldn't surprise me if Bradshaw or Green-Ellis posted better numbers than Fred.

WR: "B-" I have my doubts about Andre Johnson, but if he fell far enough, I can see taking the risk. The skill is there, but can the team utilize it and will he stay healthy? The other guys strike me as very inconsistent. They have the ability to put up big numbers (particularly Colston and Bowe), but they will have weeks where they don't pull their weight. I think Torrey Smith has the potential to off set this a bit, but I'd watch this closely. Worse comes to worse, you probably can package one of your RB2s for a WR1 or WR2.

TE: "B+" I think Tamme is going to have a solid year. Denver is going to be nervous about letting Peyton take big hits, so he will be checking to TE often. Plus, I think the defenses will be placing the pressure on Peyton to take advantage of his cobwebs from his year off. As long as Tamme can handle the attention, it will mean a big year. Daniels is a safe pick, but will frustrate you at times if you're forced to roll with him.

K: "C" I'm not big on kickers, but I had Bironas much lower in my rankings.

D/ST: "C" Basically same idea as your kicker.

Overall: A-/B+

Watch out for Week 8, seems like you have some big names on bye.
BLTalpos
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Hockey

Return to Roster Ratings