12 Teamer Advice Please- WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Teamer Advice Please- WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Teamer Advice Please- WHIR 100%

Postby BigBlue1030 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 am

Just had my draft, wanted to get some thoughts on it. 12 team, non PPR league. We start 2 RB's and 3 WR's... No flex. 4 Points for passing TD's and 1 point per 25 yards.

QB: Phil Rivers, RGIII
RB: Matt Forte, Darren McFadden, Beanie Wells, Toby Gerhart, Rashard Mendenhall
WR: Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Nate Washington, Santonio Holmes, Brandon LaFell
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Jacob Tamme
K: Matt Prater
Def: Streaming

Any advice is appreciated... Leave your link, and I'll return the favor.
BigBlue1030
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Teamer Advice Please- WHIR 100%

Postby rasmusDoh » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:47 am

I love your starting RBs. What RBs are available in FA / Waiver though?
I think Nelson is gonna have another good year (and i feel like it's always a good idea to have a piece of the packers offense). If Bryant stops (mod edit - language) around - as it sounds like he will - he could be great too!

Heard Hernandez is Brady's favorite target so far, so another good pick.

Your main weakness i QB, but Rivers shouldn't suck and i think the rest of your team is good.
2013 roster (10-man PPR league)

QBs: R. Wilson, Romo
RBs: D. Martin, Sproles, L. Miller, G. Bernard
WRs: R. White, Amendola, Josh Gordon, Edelman, James Jones, Keenan Allen
TEs: Graham
K: Weekly
DEF: Weekly
rasmusDoh
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 175)

Postby Senseimatt » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Unless RGIII turns out to be this years Newton, I think your weak on QBs, but unless you get Rodgers/Brees/Brady/Stafford that's just how it's going to be. I see Rivers declining further, but there are worse options I suppose.

Your RBs are good with the exception of Mendenhall. I would dump him because we don't know when he's coming back, how good of shape he'll be in, and he was shaky even when healthy last year. I like the Gerhart pick. Even if AP comes back 100%, I see Gerhart being of some value. People have concerns about Forte, McFadden, and Wells, but I expect them to be healthy and produce. You don't have any stud RBs, but Forte and McFadden are as close as you're going to get to Foster/Rice/McCoy IMO. No issues here.

TE you're set. Hernandez will be top 3 TE, and Tamme is a decent backup/potential big player.

Nelson isn't going to be the #2 WR he was last year, but he's not going to drop off as much as some experts say. I still think he can crack the top 5, but most likely he'll be top 10. Bryant is talented, but has little to show for it. Nate Washington is a good receiver, but he has a new QB and competition for passes. Since you're in a 12 team league, I think he should be fine. Holmes has garbage QBs. I would try and get someone off waivers if possible. I am unfamiliar with LaFell. ESPN says he has upside, but I never watch any Panthers games, so I can't comment. Depth may be a concern here.

If McFadden stays healthy and if Nelson doesn't drop off like the experts say, I'd say you have a solid team. You're at a slight disadvantage because you don't have a top tier QB, Gronk/Graham, or top tier RB. Having one of those would give you an edge w2w. You have great depth at RB though, and that could be the difference when one of your opponents RBs goes down. It will happen, and there will be no one on the wire in a 12 team.

What position did you have in the draft and who'd you pick? I'm guessing 12th because you have Forte and McFadden who you took back-to-back.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby hooyeah8 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Very solid if Rivers has a bounceback season. Great starting backs. Might need a little upgrade at #3 reciver, but I actually like nate there but who knows with locker throwing it.
hooyeah8
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks for rating mine!

QB: B I think Rivers can be top 5 QB material if he has the year he is capable of, but he has been declining the last two years. RG3 is a risky pick as a primary backup because of that fact that he is a rookie and you never really know what you're going to get from a rookie.

RB: B- You have guys here that will put up big numbers if they are healthy, but Forte coming off an injury is a little bit risky. I do like Mendenhall unlike everyone else though, I actually grabbed him off the FA in my league because when he gets back he has the ability to be a top 10 RB so I am alright with giving up one bench spot for the possibility he returns to form.

WR: B- I like Bryant a lot this year, I think this is the year he explodes. I am not sure I would have taken Nelson though, I don't think he will have the year people are expecting out of him in an offense that spreads the ball A LOT. Washington and LaFell are good sleeper picks this year so good job on that. Holmes is someone I would look to move now, his value will only go down as the season gets under way and his offense continues to be terrible.

TE: A+ You have Hernandez who should be the number two TE this year and Tamme who has big upside so you did awesome here.

Overall: B I think that your team should really compete if everyone stays healthy and performs to their ability. But be on the lookout for possible moves you can later in the season in case someone is under performing or there is an injury.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings