Alfred Morris - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alfred Morris

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Alfred Morris

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:24 am

i will be starting him week 2. w RG3, looks like a dynamic offense. if he gets 75% of the carries it could be WW gold
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Alfred Morris reaffirms Mike Shanahan’s confidence
Posted by Mike Jones on September 10, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Alfred Morris will remain the Washington Redskins’ starting running back following his solid debut Sunday, coach Mike Shanahan said Monday.

A sixth-round pick out of Florida Atlantic University, Morris forced his way into the Redskins’ running back competition after rushing for a team-high 195 yards and a touchdown on 39 carries during the preseason.

On Sunday, he got the nod over second-year backs Roy Helu Jr. and Evan Royster and rushed for 96 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.

Royster and Helu had two carries apiece, tallying 10 and two yards, respectively. Helu also had three catches for 25 yards, including a long of 21 yards.

Morris mustered only 21 yards on nine carries in the first half. But in the secondf, he ground out 75 yards on 19 carries. Shanahan said Morris’s play on Sunday only reaffirmed what he believed about the rookie following the preseason.

Shanahan said last week that he would ride the hot hand rather than restrict himself to one starting running back. But the coach said Monday that for now, Morris has cemented his status as the team’s workhorse.

con't...

more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... onfidence/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby petedog9 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 pm

I am trying to trade him now while his value is high and before Shanny pulls a Shanny and throws in another RB. :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:58 pm

petedog9 wrote:I am trying to trade him now while his value is high and before Shanny pulls a Shanny and throws in another RB. :-D

There was a great post on Shanny I saw here somewhere a few weeks ago. In short, the only thing that will stop Morris from being Washington's primary tailback the entire season is injury.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 am

bigh0rt wrote:
petedog9 wrote:I am trying to trade him now while his value is high and before Shanny pulls a Shanny and throws in another RB. :-D

There was a great post on Shanny I saw here somewhere a few weeks ago. In short, the only thing that will stop Morris from being Washington's primary tailback the entire season is injury.

Sorry.. I simply do not beleive him or trust Shannahan whatsoever. I fell victim to him many times to his "Shanahanigans" over the years in Denver. Maybe I am bitter and have blinders on but I am off him. I just traded Him and Lloyd for Greg Jennings and Chris Johnson.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BurtReynoldz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 am

petedog9 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Sorry.. I simply do not beleive him or trust Shannahan whatsoever. I fell victim to him many times to his "Shanahanigans" over the years in Denver. Maybe I am bitter and have blinders on but I am off him. I just traded Him and Lloyd for Greg Jennings and Chris Johnson.

You really didn't "fall victim" to Shanahan as much as you throught you did. The post that Petedog9 is referencing did a great job of breaking down how, in his 14 years as an NFL head coach, Shanahan has used a one-back/primary back system, and in those other seasons he's only really made changes when injuries strike. He's not nearly as inconsitent as people think.
QB: T. Brady
WR: B. Marshall, J. Nelson, K. Britt, D. Heyward-Bey
RB: M. Turner, A. Morris, J. Stewart, P. Thomas, A. Brown
TE: J. Witten, F. Davis
K: Whoever
DST: Matchups
BurtReynoldz
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:20 pm

I disagree.... There were plenty of times when RB-X was pencilled in as the starting back and RB-Y got all the carries leaving many high and dry. Not sure how long you have been playing fantasy but this was not an urban myth. He earned the nickname "The Rat" as a result. We saw a similiar rotation in preseason as well. We saw the same this year with Royster being media hyped as the guy to have.

This: viewtopic.php?t=514462

I am off any Washington RB and will sleep easier as a result. . :-°
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Favre.com » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 pm

If it wasnt for Morris I'd be dying with Fred Jackson hurt right now. I am still worried though and am looking to trade him for a safer back. Any good comparable RBs someone can come up that is around Morris' value. McGahee? BJGE?
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 pm

petedog9 wrote:Not sure how long you have been playing fantasy but this was not an urban myth. He earned the nickname "The Rat" as a result.

Since you've been doing this for a while, the name Terrell Davis must ring a bell then?

I'm not saying that Alfie is TD, or at his level, but there is a chance. If Shanahan likes what he sees, he'll stick to it. If he doesn't, then he won't. So far, it looks like Morris has impressed him enough to be the starter. I think he'll be getting the benefit of the doubt soon.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 436)

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:
petedog9 wrote:Not sure how long you have been playing fantasy but this was not an urban myth. He earned the nickname "The Rat" as a result.

Since you've been doing this for a while, the name Terrell Davis must ring a bell then?

I'm not saying that Alfie is TD, or at his level, but there is a chance. If Shanahan likes what he sees, he'll stick to it. If he doesn't, then he won't. So far, it looks like Morris has impressed him enough to be the starter. I think he'll be getting the benefit of the doubt soon.

Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Travis Henry, Lance Ball, Knowshon Moreno, Alfred Morris, Evan Royster, Roy Helu or Tim Hightower. I just named 10 RBs who were all supposed to be "IT", and he screwed owners week in and week out.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk