Advice on a Draft for a Prize Week Leauge! Draft is tonight! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Advice on a Draft for a Prize Week Leauge! Draft is tonight!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice on a Draft for a Prize Week Leauge! Draft is tonight!

Postby MadHookUp » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 am

Ok, so my wife is in this organization that split 40 people into 4... 10 team leagues. She doesn't know a whole lot about FFB, nor am I much help. Now the way it works from what I understand, is that each week... whoever scored the most points for that week in their 10 team league wins a nice prize. Something in the 50-60 dollar range. Then at the end of the season I believe the top 2 teams based on standings play against each other twice, and whoever scores the most total points in those final 2 weeks, gets a bigger prize. Then finally, whoever scores the most points total across all 4 leagues, gets a pretty expensive prize... like club box seats to a game.

Its definitely a weird set up. This is her 3rd year doing this league. Her first year she had Schaub, Foster, and Andre Johnson and ended up winning a couple nice prizes when the Texans had big weeks. Her 2nd year didn't go well, and one other team totally ripped off another in a trade. Something like Calvin Johnson for a RB3. So there isn't much control over these leagues. I believe the league is pretty standard scoring, no PPR and 6points for QB TDs.

Due to the fact that any team can rip off another from one of these 4 leagues, the chances are very low she can win the big prize. Especially since I can only help her prepare for her draft, not help her do it. So I was thinking her best bet might be to try and win as many weeks as possible. And maybe the best way to do this was a strategy of drafting players from a single team. Like NE or NO. Have her first several rounds look like...

Brees
Graham
RB
Colston

or

Brady
Gronk
Welker
etc.

Do you think this is a good idea? She may not win the league, but I think this could put her in a position to win several weeks of prizes. Or should she just draft off a cheat sheet and try to make the best team available?
MadHookUp Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Advice on a Draft for a Prize Week Leauge! Draft is toni

Postby GraveDiggaz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:07 am

I think u got the right idea, load up with NE players should be real solid. Look at bye weeks. Draft your DEF and K based on projections they have when the rest of your players have an easy week. If NE plays the RAMS in week 3, make sure you draft or pick up a DEF and K with really high projections in week 3 to maximize your chances to win particular weeks for prizes. Good luck bro! Weeks 8 and 11 look solid for NE OFF and DEF. ;-D
GraveDiggaz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions