MY roster and a question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

MY roster and a question

Moderator: Football Moderators

MY roster and a question

Postby mike208 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 pm

First the question. I get that projections fluctuate daily, and I also get that projections are basically just educated guess and cannot be relied on. But why is it that yahoo has Jimmy Graham as the top TE in their rankings yet he is projected to score the 3rd highest points following Gronk(I think Gronk comes back to earth at least with his TD's and Graham will be better this year) and Gates(who can be had at least a full round or 2 later)?

So on to my draft and roster. I picked 8th out of a 10 team league(non PPR, IDP). One spot I absolutely did not want to pick from. I wanted top 6 or 10th, but not 7, 8 or 9. I don't care for the players available to me at that spot. I could have grabbed Stafford(I think Matt Ryan will be just as good and I get him way later), McFadden(I don't trust his health, he has skinny chicken legs, but I probably should have taken him) or Chris Johnson(Last year he wasn't CJ2K, but maybe he will be this year, probably should have picked him). Instead I take Jimmy Graham, lol. Ok so probably not the best decision I could have made, I admit that, now lets move one. Oh I almost forgot, at the last minute the draft clock was changed to 45 seconds, and I did not know this. So this did fluster me a little on the first pick, which also helped in my getting Graham. Numbers in parentheses is the round I drafted each spot.

QB-Matt Ryan(5)
WR-Jordy Nelson(4)
WR-Torrey Smith(8)
RB-DeMarco Murray(2)
RB-Trent Richardson(3)
TE-Jimmy Graham(1)
W/R/T-Darren Sproles(6)
K-John Kasay
D-Brian Cushing(9)
D-Sean Lee(10)
D-Jerod Mayo(15)

This league was supposed to have 6 defense spots(individual spots like DE, CB, LB, etc.) but again a change was amde a day or 2 before the draft and kocked it down to 3 any defensive position slots. But the number of bench spots was not updated, so there are a crapload of bench spots.

B-Willis McGahee(7)
B-Ben Tate(11)
B-David Wilson(12)
B-Nate Washington(13)
B-Ryan Fitzpatrick(14)
B-Randall Cobb(15)
B-Coby Fleener(16)
B-Toby Gerhart(17)
B-James Jones

Those are the guys I drafted feel free to rate. Now after the draft I realized I made a mistake at Kicker, since NO has Hartley now, ooops. Dropped Kasay and picked up Robbie Gould. Also started checking out the defensive players left, since I didn't have any backups. So I have made some moves already. Move 1, dropped Fitzpatrick and picked up Wilson(felt like taking a chance on the guy). Move 2, dropped James Jones and picked up Kevin Burnnet. Move 3, dropped Randall Cobb and picked up Colin McCarty. I am probably going to start McGahee over Richardson week 1, as I think they will limit his carries since he is just coming back from the knee surgery.

I have another draft coming up this weekend. I need to do better. Any tips?
mike208
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: MY roster and a question

Postby Senseimatt » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Graham may be the best player on your team. You seemed to have drafted a lot of rookies and potentials (ex. T. Smith), and not a whole lot of sure things. Too much risk in almost every starter IMO. The only thing I can tell you is that Matt Ryan will not be anywhere near as good as Stafford.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Re: MY roster and a question

Postby mike208 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Senseimatt wrote:Graham may be the best player on your team. You seemed to have drafted a lot of rookies and potentials (ex. T. Smith), and not a whole lot of sure things. Too much risk in almost every starter IMO. The only thing I can tell you is that Matt Ryan will not be anywhere near as good as Stafford.

Thanks for your input about Ryan/Stafford. Lol. Sure it's only one week. I'm sure Stafford will bounce back next week. But I will gladly take all those points Ryan got for me.
mike208
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Roster Ratings