4 players, 1 DEF, & 1 Draft Pick Trade. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

4 players, 1 DEF, & 1 Draft Pick Trade. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

4 players, 1 DEF, & 1 Draft Pick Trade. WHIR

Postby nola_saint » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 pm

7 Keeper (at least 1 player 3 years or less experience), standard scoring, PPR.

Start 2QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1WR/TE, 1TE, 1 WR/RB, K DEF

I got:
Red Beans and Rice
1. (5) Arian Foster
(Hou - RB)
2. (12) Ryan Mathews
(SD - RB)
3. (21) Aaron Rodgers
(GB - QB)
4. (28) Chris Johnson
(Ten - RB)
5. (37) Matt Forte
(Chi - RB)
6. (44) Antonio Gates
(SD - TE)
7. (53) Andy Dalton
(Cin - QB)
8. (60) Dwayne Bowe
(KC - WR)
9. (69) Antonio Brown
(Pit - WR)
10. (76) Brandon Lloyd
(NE - WR)
11. (85) Pierre Garcon
(Was - WR)
12. (92) Cedric Benson
(GB - RB)
13. (101) Dexter McCluster
(KC - RB)
14. (108) Greg Olsen
(Car - TE)
15. (117) Houston
(Hou - DEF)
16. (124) Alshon Jeffery
(Chi - WR)
17. (133) Mason Crosby
(GB - K)

He got:
El Torro dela Muerte
1. (7) Darren McFadden
(Oak - RB)
2. (10) Julio Jones
(Atl - WR)
3. (23) Miles Austin
(Dal - WR)
4. (26) Dez Bryant
(Dal - WR)
5. (39) Tony Romo
(Dal - QB)
6. (42) Frank Gore
(SF - RB)
7. (55) DeSean Jackson
(Phi - WR)
8. (58) Robert Griffin III
(Was - QB)
9. (71) Jermichael Finley
(GB - TE)
10. (74) Matt Schaub
(Hou - QB)
11. (87) San Francisco
(SF - DEF)
12. (90) Mark Ingram
(NO - RB)
13. (103) Jonathan Stewart
(Car - RB)
14. (106) Chicago
(Chi - DEF)
15. (119) Kenny Britt
(Ten - WR)
16. (122) Jermaine Gresham
(Cin - TE)
17. (135) Michael Crabtree
(SF - WR)

We have one round left: El Toro offered Matt Schaub(he drafted him right before me), One of his WRs ( not named Julio Jones Or Dez Bryant), CHI DEF.
I Give my last pick(he has someone he really wants i guess), Dalton, and Ced. Benson.

I'm pretty sure I could ask for Desean Jackson, but I am not that high on him, but if he rebounds, it could be nice for me. Schaub is an upgrade on Dalton if he stays healthy. CHI is just a throw in really.

I don't like Miles Austin or the Cowboys for that matter so I refuse to ask for him.

What do you guys think??????????

Leave a link......................
nola_saint
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 4 players, 1 DEF, & 1 Draft Pick Trade. WHIR

Postby dtownsound8 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 pm

I would... you're ridicously stacked at RB as it is so it wouldn't kill you to give up Benson. Both Myles and Jasckson are toss-ups but have high cieleings and I agree that Schaubb is an upgrade over Dalton... plus CHI DEF is solid
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:04 am

If you were to take this trade (which I'll get into in a bit) you would then have to drop either HOU or CHI DEF so that you can pick up a 3rd QB, because you currently don't have a backup, though I'm assuming that you'd use the pick he wants on a QB.

The upgrade from Dalton to Schaub is huge, especially this being a 2QB league. However, you already have a deep WR rotation in Bowe/Brown/Lloyd/Garcon(who I like this year) and a rookie sleeper in Jeffery. You can't have Dez or Julio, and I agree that I wouldn't want Miles either. I'm not really high on DJax, and barring injury I don't see him really cracking your starting rotation, since on a normal week you would start Foster/CJ at RB, with Mathews at the WR/RB spot. I would also want to get a 4th legitimate RB to play for injuries/byes, or else you're starting McCluster (yuck). That's why Benson has great value for your team. You won't start him but maybe 5 weeks, but those 5 weeks you''ll be damn glad you have him.

Anyways, that leaves 2 WR spots starting and a WR/TE, and I would have Bowe/Lloyd at WR with Brown at WR/TE, or Garcon for byes/injuries/matchups. SO if you do the trade, I only see one real option for WR...Kenny Britt. He is the only of the WRs available to you that would, when healthy, contribute to your overall starting roster. In just about all formats he was a top 10 WR throughout the first 3 week. I think he gets 2 games max as a suspension, which means if he stays healthy he can play for 13 weeks. Big if though. Then you could try and make a couple trades and get that 4th RB to help you during those weeks when you can't start your big 3.

Because of the huge upgrade you get at QB2 (which is a larger factor than some may consider), and you gain a potential top 10 WR, I would make the deal. You'll miss Benson a few weeks, and taking Britt is a huge gamble, but I would lean towards doing this trade, dropping a DEF so that you can pick up a 3rd QB. Then try and get a 4th RB (drop McCluster). Hell, those weeks that you can't start all 3 RBs, you could start RB1/RB2, then go with WRs at the WR1/WR2, WR/TE, and WR/RB. So you could actually use all 4 of those stud WRs that you'd have (considering Britt a stud here)

I'm in a similar situation with Kenny Britt actually. I have the luxury of the offer remaining until we hear on the suspension though.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=516884
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:15 am

I would do it also, I think you are upgrading at QB and adding even more depth to your WR group. I agree that losing Benson will hurt your RB group a little bit, but the upgrade you are getting at QB and adding Britt to you WR group is worth it. You just have to keep an eye on the WW for a RB or possibly look at another trade.

Help please? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516956
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DC5SB » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:23 am

Do it. You can risk this because you are stacked at rb. Kenny Britt is worth the risk just because his ceiling is so high!
DC5SB
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 51)

Postby werbs » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Agreed - make the trade. You are SO insanely stacked at RB and your QB situation aint back either hah. I say its worth the risk. Get rid of Benson.
10 team non PPR league

My team:
QB: Brady
RB: Rice
RB: T. Rich
WR:B. Marshall
WR:D. Moore
TE:Hernandez
FX: Stewart
D:Vikings
K:Hanson

Bench: