Pick #8 in 12 team PPR - WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Pick #8 in 12 team PPR - WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick #8 in 12 team PPR - WHIR 100%

Postby bounce » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 pm

12 team, big money league. Had the number 8 pick. Standard scoring (6pt PA TD), 1 PPR

1.08 - Darren McFadden
2.05 - Larry Fitzgerald
3.08 - Ryan Mathews
4.05 - Jordy Nelson
5.08 - Ahmad Bradshaw
6.05 - Eli Manning
7.08 - Jason Witten
8.05 - Torrey Smith
9.08 - Titus Young
10.05 - David Wilson
11.08 - Danny Amendola
12.05 - Jacob Tamme
13.08 - Alex Smith

Lineup:
Q - Eli Manning
R - McFadden, Mathews
W - Fitzgerald, J. Nelson
T - Witten
W/R - Bradshaw

Bench - Alex Smith, Torrey Smith, Titus Young, Danny Amendola, David Wilson, Jacob Tamme

Initial thoughts, I like my top 3 RBs, but they're all injury risks (but then, everyone is). I handcuffed Bradshaw with David Wilson, but didn't like Goodson or Brown enough to draft them (good thing, considering Brown's leg injury during the draft).

I'm unsure on my WRs. Fitz was autodrafted as I was out of the room. I HATE his QB situation, and I guess Nelson is a good #2. I tried to get depth/boom potential on Smith/Young/Amendola. Figured if my top RBs go down, I'll need to trade, anyway - so I gave myself WR depth.

Tamme is at least to cover Witten in week 1, but Peyton loves his TEs, so curious how that develops.

Alex Smith is a schmuck, but he was sadly the best backup option left in the 13th. If I get to backup QB, I'm screwed anyway.

Leave a link. Thanks in advance.
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick #8 in 12 team PPR - WHIR 100%

Postby RC7112 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Love it. Obviously the RBs have health question marks but even if 2 out of 3 stay relatively healthy you're in good shape. I actually like your WR situation, Fitz proved last year that it doesn't matter who's throwing him the ball, he's going to produce. Nelson had a huge year, so signs of slowing down. Smith is a home run hitter and young could have a breakout year if stafford holds up. Sounds like Witten will be back by week two and tamme could breakout with Peyton.

Think you're very balanced, relatively deep, and have a nice combination of safe picks with upside. Just pray Mathews, McFadden, and Bradshaw can stay off of IR

bounce wrote:12 team, big money league. Had the number 8 pick. Standard scoring (6pt PA TD), 1 PPR

1.08 - Darren McFadden
2.05 - Larry Fitzgerald
3.08 - Ryan Mathews
4.05 - Jordy Nelson
5.08 - Ahmad Bradshaw
6.05 - Eli Manning
7.08 - Jason Witten
8.05 - Torrey Smith
9.08 - Titus Young
10.05 - David Wilson
11.08 - Danny Amendola
12.05 - Jacob Tamme
13.08 - Alex Smith

Lineup:
Q - Eli Manning
R - McFadden, Mathews
W - Fitzgerald, J. Nelson
T - Witten
W/R - Bradshaw

Bench - Alex Smith, Torrey Smith, Titus Young, Danny Amendola, David Wilson, Jacob Tamme

Initial thoughts, I like my top 3 RBs, but they're all injury risks (but then, everyone is). I handcuffed Bradshaw with David Wilson, but didn't like Goodson or Brown enough to draft them (good thing, considering Brown's leg injury during the draft).

I'm unsure on my WRs. Fitz was autodrafted as I was out of the room. I HATE his QB situation, and I guess Nelson is a good #2. I tried to get depth/boom potential on Smith/Young/Amendola. Figured if my top RBs go down, I'll need to trade, anyway - so I gave myself WR depth.

Tamme is at least to cover Witten in week 1, but Peyton loves his TEs, so curious how that develops.

Alex Smith is a schmuck, but he was sadly the best backup option left in the 13th. If I get to backup QB, I'm screwed anyway.

Leave a link. Thanks in advance.
RC7112
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Ruby Tues. » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Check the WW for Kendall Hunter (SF RB), Mike Goodson (Oak RB) and Russle Wilson (Sea QB). I like Tamme/Manning connection, could be a great tamdem.

My 2 cents...
Standard 12 team non ppr:
QB- Romo, Locker
WR- R. White, B. Marshall, R. Wayne, and P. Garcon
RB- L. McCoy, D. Martin, K. Smith, P. Hillis, and M. Goodsen
TE- G. Olsen
K- M. Bryant
D- Hou
Ruby Tues.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Devil Doc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:17 pm

Ruby Tues. wrote:Check the WW for Kendall Hunter (SF RB), Mike Goodson (Oak RB) and Russle Wilson (Sea QB). I like Tamme/Manning connection, could be a great tamdem.

My 2 cents...

I like this input as well, although I don't think I'd go after Wilson, I think he could be a WW add during Eli's bye week, but Eli is an underrated QB that should be and probably will be a top 10 guy this year.

Rate my team please?
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby sabomnim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Your rbs can be so good if healthy. But big if
WR can work. I dont like Bradshaw and would prolly put torrey Smith in the flex

I can see tamme starting if Peyton stays healthy

Good luck

Please help me
viewtopic.php?t=517059
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:22 pm

nicely done. fitz is consistent- i wouldn't worry about him. good that you were able to handcuff bradshaw with wilson since my draft he was taken a couple rounds too early. i like the fact that you have some of the younger WRs that could break-out. i don't like alex smith either, but you never know with his new WRs and also, there's always a qb that no one drafts that will step up

viewtopic.php?t=517078
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Roster Ratings