MJD owner: Help me trade for an RB2/RB3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

MJD owner: Help me trade for an RB2/RB3

Moderator: Football Moderators

MJD owner: Help me trade for an RB2/RB3

Postby V » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 pm

2 RB, 3 WR, no flex, standard non-PPR scoring. I need a fill in RB2 for MJD for weeks 1-3 or whatever, and I have a potential trading partner who spent a ton of picks on RBs but has awful WR depth.

I'd love to pull a VJax-->Garcon with me landing one of McGahee/Brown/Benson and giving up Spiller, Royster, or Collie, if possible, but have no idea what a fair offer really would be.

As a separate consideration, he's shown interest in dealing for my MJD headache. Should I try to get Lynch for him and a WR upgrade?

Me:
QB: Romo, Luck, Locker, Wilson
RB: Charles, MJD, Spiller, Royster
WR: Bryant, Harvin, VJax, Britt, Collie
TE: Rudolph

Him:
QB: Rodgers, Smith
RB: Lynch, Fred Jackson, McGahee, D.Brown, Benson, J.Rodgers
WR: D.Moore, Garcon, Cobb, Amendola
TE: Celek
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MJD owner: Help me trade for an RB2/RB3

Postby bhgilliland » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:15 pm

How deep is your league? Who is left as a FA?

If you're looking to get a good solid RB2, trading might not be the only way. Kevin Smith has Detroit's running game all to himself until week 3 or 4 and he's solid. Doug Martin for Tampa is due for a very, VERY impressive season, as the fumble happy Blount has worn out his role as a starting RB. Toby Gerherdt (spelling?) from Min. would be an amazing back if the injury-prone AP goes down. There are other options that involve you keeping MJD, which is ideal no matter how weeks 1-4 look.

Also, here's another thought - are you sold on Charles? You know Hillis will be the definition of a touchdown vulture this season, so why not wait on on MJD who has the ability to melt your face, and trade Jamaal Charles away?

Beast Mode wouldn't be a bad pickup. He has proven time and time again he is a solid and trustworthy RB, with the ability to pull of HUGE plays.

Don't feel bad about trading away V Jax now. Use his reputation from last season as an incentive. He will not produce numbers like that this season, you can bet on it.
bhgilliland
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: MJD owner: Help me trade for an RB2/RB3

Postby V » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:23 pm

bhgilliland wrote:How deep is your league? Who is left as a FA?

If you're looking to get a good solid RB2, trading might not be the only way. Kevin Smith has Detroit's running game all to himself until week 3 or 4 and he's solid. Doug Martin for Tampa is due for a very, VERY impressive season, as the fumble happy Blount has worn out his role as a starting RB. Toby Gerherdt (spelling?) from Min. would be an amazing back if the injury-prone AP goes down. There are other options that involve you keeping MJD, which is ideal no matter how weeks 1-4 look.

Also, here's another thought - are you sold on Charles? You know Hillis will be the definition of a touchdown vulture this season, so why not wait on on MJD who has the ability to melt your face, and trade Jamaal Charles away?

Beast Mode wouldn't be a bad pickup. He has proven time and time again he is a solid and trustworthy RB, with the ability to pull of HUGE plays.

Don't feel bad about trading away V Jax now. Use his reputation from last season as an incentive. He will not produce numbers like that this season, you can bet on it.

12 teamer, everyone you named was drafted by the 9th round (out of 16). I tried trading for Martin with MJD (and other pieces), but the Martin owner (who has Jennings) hates MJD this year.

With MJD reporting, I'll prolly just stick it out for a few weeks.
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions