Need help with 7th pick in first round - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need help with 7th pick in first round

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help with 7th pick in first round

Postby veera1078 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi - I have my draft on Sunday and need some advice on who to draft in the first round with my 7th pick. I am guessing the first 6 are going to go with the following in no particular order - Arian Foster, Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. If any of these fall to me, I am going to pick them, but if not, who do I pick?

I am thinking between the following: Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford (throws to Calvin obviously), Cam Newton (monster year last year). I am not sure I want to risk Chris Johnson (last year was disappointing) and MJD (hasn't reported to team yet). Any advice, even if it's not the players I listed, would be helpful.

Thanks.
veera1078
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need help with 7th pick in first round

Postby Broham » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Is this a PPR league?

In my drafts so far, Megatron has gone either 5 or 6 leaving a top 3 QB for the 7th pick. I am not a fan of taking Megatron early since WR is so deep.

Taking Stafford at 7 would be a pretty big reach. I would only do this if you think there will be a huge run on QBs in the next few rounds.

Out of the RBs, Chris Johnson would be the safer pick, which just shows how weak the position is this year. Another option if you are looking for high risk/reward and think you can get some strong depth in the coming rounds is Darren McFadden.
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby veera1078 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Not a PPR league. Standard league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 Def and 1 K.
veera1078
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Stevooo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:52 pm

If any of the QBs drop to you at 7, I think you have to grab them. It would be hard or me to pass on Calvin, even in a non ppr, and go with CJ0.5K or MJD or any of the other questionable RBs. Now I understand people not wanting to take a WR early because of the depth, but Calvin is in a class all by himself...by far.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)