2nd year player - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

2nd year player

Moderator: Football Moderators

2nd year player

Postby truwrxtacy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 pm

hey guys this is my 2nd time playing FF.

one of the big question i have is do you really think Larry Fitzgerald is really a top 3 receiver like they rank him on FF? They dont even know who their starting QB is! I had him last year and he was a major dissapointment.

thanks
truwrxtacy
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2nd year player

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:39 pm

I do not see Fitz as a top 3 WR. His QB situation is awful like you said. Even though he did good last season with bad QB play I do not think he will repeat it again. I am expecting 80 catches for 1,250 yards and seven touchdowns.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby truwrxtacy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:42 pm

with so many "decent" receivers out there, what round would u draft him? I feel like almost any receiver i draft in a 8 man team would be roughly about the same with the exception of Megatron, I was thinking of focusing my high draft picks on RBs instead since the good one are harder to come by. What do you think?
truwrxtacy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:50 pm

truwrxtacy wrote:with so many "decent" receivers out there, what round would u draft him? I feel like almost any receiver i draft in a 8 man team would be roughly about the same with the exception of Megatron, I was thinking of focusing my high draft picks on RBs instead since the good one are harder to come by. What do you think?

In a 8 team league I would take running backs the first two rounds. If a top 5 QB is available in the third round I would take him. I think you can load up on wide receivers in round four to six. The position is very deep this season. A guy like Wayne who can be had late will put up WR4 numbers in a 8 team league. I would not draft Fitz in a 8 team league because I do not think you will get good value for him. good luck with the draft ;-D
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby truwrxtacy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 pm

last question, I've been doing a bit of research, most are going Matt Ryan > Peyton Manning. Agree or Disagree? if you had a choice between the two who would you pick? I'm leaning towards MRyan
truwrxtacy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:26 pm

truwrxtacy wrote:last question, I've been doing a bit of research, most are going Matt Ryan > Peyton Manning. Agree or Disagree? if you had a choice between the two who would you pick? I'm leaning towards MRyan

Strongly agree. Matt Ryan does not have the injury risk that Manning has. I think that Ryan also has the better weapons in White and Jones. Matt Ryan also plays in a division where he will need to score more points (Saints). I expect the Broncos will run the ball much more then most people think they will. This is the reason why I think McGahee is a great value pick.
11stever11

Return to Beginner's Forum