Just drafted for money league, thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just drafted for money league, thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just drafted for money league, thoughts?

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Its a 10 team H2H league and I drafted from the 5 spot. I like the team overall but would like to hear your thoughts. The RB's scare me a little and Megatron,DMC,Witten,Martin all have bye weeks in week 5.

Starting Requirements - 1QB,2WR,2RB,1WR/RB,1TE
1/2PPR 4pt passing TD's, 6pt rushing/receiving

QB-Ryan(6.6)
RB-DMC(2.6),Mathews(3.5)
WR-Megatron(1.5),Wallace(4.6)
Flex-Martin(5.5)
TE-Witten(10.6)
Bench-Luck(12.6),Benson(7.5),Stewart(9.5)Jennings(12.5),Torrey(8.6),Blackmon(11.5),Olsen(13.6)
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just drafted for money league, thoughts?

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Your RB's scare me a lot, you have good WR depth with Smith, Jennings and Blackmon, so you might want to try and package a receiver with a RB for a solid RB1 that is a little less risky. Also I would probably start Jennings as my flex ( maybe even Smith once the season gets started, I think he will blow up this year ) I just don't usually like having rookies as starters on my team so putting Jennings there would make more sense to me.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Devil Doc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 pm

I think this team is stronger than it really looks. DMC isn't sharing goal line carries anymore, even if Matthews loses some touches to Brown, it won't be for long. And Martin is the feature back in an offense thats getting more run orientated. Solid three guys IMHO. Megatron and Wallace, whew thats a scary pairing of WRs, especially if Wallace can get to form right away. I'd look to add another TE, not sure Witten is going to be as solid right out the gate, that injured spleen may take longer to heal, along with getting constantly pounded trying to block for Romo, I'd be cautious until he's 100% again.

Rate my team please?
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 100)

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:23 pm

WastelandENT wrote:Your RB's scare me a lot, you have good WR depth with Smith, Jennings and Blackmon, so you might want to try and package a receiver with a RB for a solid RB1 that is a little less risky. Also I would probably start Jennings as my flex ( maybe even Smith once the season gets started, I think he will blow up this year ) I just don't usually like having rookies as starters on my team so putting Jennings there would make more sense to me.

Its Rashad Jennings, not Greg Jennings.
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 pm

ahh I see, I thought that was a low round for Jennings to go in. :-b

Well that does change things a little bit, I don't know about a package trade now but I would still try to find another solid RB if it was my team. The RB's that you have could be great and we will look back on this conversation and it would seen dumb to have ever argued against them BUT I personally don't feel comfortable having RB's who are gambles to begin the year.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings