Week 1 Flex RB: Turner or Thomas? (or Jennings) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 1 Flex RB: Turner or Thomas? (or Jennings)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 1 Flex RB: Turner or Thomas? (or Jennings)

Postby T-Lo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Hey guys, I'd appreciate opinions here. My IDP league roster evaluation request never got replies, which I totally understand since IDP isn't as big. Starting players is certainly huge though!

My two RBs I'm running front for week 1: Darren McFadden & Michael Bush.

Flex: Michael Turner or Pierre Thomas. Everyone seems to agree that Turner is a better draft pick, but Thomas is projected a lot more points (by yahoo, which can be a crapshoot). Turner is going up against KC and Thomas is up against the Redskins.

This wouldn't be a problem if one of my keepers (Maurice Jones-Drew) wasn't having his issues, but I need to be sure I make the right call this first week so I come out winning the head to head. I did horrible last year and need a victory in the first week.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 1 Flex RB: Turner or Thomas?

Postby T-Lo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Sorry, I should add that I'm trying to get Rashad Jennings off of waivers to handcuff MJD on my team, so he is a third option. I'm dropping my second K position to put him on my bench. It isn't a sure thing yet as I was already beat on waivers for Russell Wilson the other day.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latraffic » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Does Yahoo serious have Thomas outscoring Turner? That's crazy IMO. Turner is the #1 back in an offense that looks ready to take off. Thomas has to share the ball with half the Big Easy. Go with Turner.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby T-Lo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:13 pm

latraffic wrote:Does Yahoo serious have Thomas outscoring Turner? That's crazy IMO. Turner is the #1 back in an offense that looks ready to take off. Thomas has to share the ball with half the Big Easy. Go with Turner.

See I thought it was a no brainer as well, though I will admit that previous years of play it was just for the fun of it and I barely had real NFL knowledge until I started taking it serious last year. FF is what has got me hooked to NFL more than just the NFL itself, which is great.

They're projecting M. Turner for 6.71 and P. Thomas for 10.75. I thought it was crazy too. I remembered reading a projection accuracy for these rankings and yahoo was in the twenties on the list (I believe). Certainly not the best, but when I have that projection number staring me in the face constantly, it is hard to ignore. :-°

They have Turner projected for less points in the whole season as well.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Week 1 Flex RB: Turner or Thomas? (or Jennings)

Postby paperstacks1980 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:48 pm

D.T.Y >>> Don't Trust Yahoo lol
paperstacks1980
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench