My roster is the $#!* unless you say otherwise WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

My roster is the $#!* unless you say otherwise WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

My roster is the $#!* unless you say otherwise WHIR!

Postby 16FAC » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am

Got a frantic phone call from the Manager of an old league I help found. He needed another team right away because of a drop out, so I agreed to come back. In 6 years this league has morphed into high dollar league so of course I had some apprehension about buying in without knowing any of the owners except the Manager. Anyway, in my opinion the league is full of doofusus and if I don't win money in this I will forever declare that I have no talent in Fantasy Sports. Sorry for the long intro and now for the Roster, please rate!

Scoring: (1pt/10yds Ru/Rec) (1pt/20yds passing) (6pts/TD Ru/Rec/Pass) Non PPR

QB= Payton Manning
WR= Dez Bryant
WR=Jeremy Maclin
RB= Leshawn McCoy
RB= Ryan Matthews
TE= Jimmy Graham
FLX= Fred Jackson
K= ? to be determined
D= Green Bay
BN=Torey Smith
BN=Rashard Jennings
BN= Mendenhall
BN= Nate Washington
BN= Joe Flacco
BN= Pierre Thomas

Alright, so I know Matthews is probably out for wk 1 so I have Jennings to insert there and he could have a much more expanded role if MJD doesn't show up. Heck, I even think my Bench is solid with the exception of Mendenhall and Flacco but Mendenhall may prove valuable to trade to the Redman owner and Flacco pairs with Torey smith to fill the bye at QB. Oh, and I'll get a kicker before the game....just couldn't take one with that much talent still out there.

What do you pros think?
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My roster is the $#!* unless you say otherwise WHIR!

Postby sabomnim » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:54 am

RB starters are solid but you have little depth after that. mendy is useless to me
WRs are good and you have a nice rotation, but as starters they are a little weak but graham makes up for that

QB: 8 (depends on the peyton you get, flacco is a decent backup but if peyton doesnt heal well you could be in a rough situation)
RB: 9 (higher if you can get a better low end RB for your bench instead of mendy)
W/T: 8 (solid line up but no standout star at WR but good bench)
overall: 8.5 (your RBs will carry you far, and so will graham. I like your team a lot, peyton just makes me nervous. If he is anywhere close to what he was then 9.5, if not then maybe around 8)

good luck
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby ScissorMeTimbers » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:27 pm

Not a pro but I am a little jealous.
I would be happy with that roster, as long as Manning can stay on point you should be solid. Dez Bryant scares me a little but I drafted him too, hope he can get his act together.

check mine?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=517123
QB-Matthew Stafford
RB1-CJ Spiller
RB2-T. Richardson
WR1-AJ Green
WR2-Jordy Nelson
FLEX-Reggie Bush
TE-Jared Cook
K-Dan Bailey
D/ST-Bengals
IDP FLEX-JJ Watt

BN-Michael Vick
BN-Eddie Lacy
BN-D. Richardson
BN-Jordy Nelson
BN-Coby Fleener
BN-Mike Wallace
ScissorMeTimbers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 64)

Postby ramzstriker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks for the help.

QB: 9...Manning has so much value for where you had to have chosen him. I believe the pick is little risk and very high reward. I think he could have a 4,000 and 27-30 TD season with the under on 15 picks. Great job here. I think waiting on a qb served you well. Also Flacco will have more opportunities this season so I like the back up.
WR: 6....I am in love with Dez this season and I could see him catching 12+ tds. The guy hasn't even exploded yet and still manages to find the end zone during 'off' years. Maclin is solid but only as solid as Michael Vick. I liked him last season but I don't know how durable he will be and you have to expect DeSean to rebound.
RB: 8...I believe McCoy could be the fantasy football MVP in PHI. Matthews is great when healthy but hasn't proved he can stay on the field as an every down guy yet. You WILL see top 5 production from both of these guys when healthy, just expect that time to only be 5 weeks tops.
TE: 10...you spent the high pick on a consistent scorer. Good job here.
Flex: 7...Fred Jackson is an unknown. At times he looks like the fantasy MVP and then he either gets hurt or lost in the offense. This position could be what decides it for you.
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD
RB: DOUG MARTIN
RB/WR: AHMAD BRADSHAW
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL
WR/TE: RANDALL COBB
WR/TE: BRIAN HARTLINE
DEF: TEXANS
K: RANDY BULLOCK

BENCH: C. Ivory, Ben Tate, R. Broyles, B. Pettigrew, J. Kerley, A. Dalton
ramzstriker