rate my AWESOME team, 11th spot 12 team PPR league WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

rate my AWESOME team, 11th spot 12 team PPR league WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

rate my AWESOME team, 11th spot 12 team PPR league WHIR

Postby ericcck » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 am

I dont know thats its awesome, but now that I have your attention.....

12 team league, standard scoring with PPR. we play 1 QB 2 Rbs 3 WRs 1 TE a flex Def and Kicker.

I had the 11th pick:

QB: P manning

RBs: M. Lynch, D. Murray, D. Brown, M. Ingram

WRs: P. Harvin, B. lloyd, Djax, L Moore, A collie, S moss

TE J Witten, K winslow

D: Houston

K: Gould

what do you think? My biggest regrets: should have backed up manning, rivers was there in like rd 9, took lloyd in the 4th when maclin colston and bryant were there, took brown when benson was there.

I'd give the team a B+, I have 2 RBs I think will be studs, a QB who should be pretty good if not rock solid ( yeah, some risk, I know, but the broncos gave him 100 million bucks) good WR core with some upside a good TE in witten when he gets back, brown or ingram should be good flex guys,and a good D.

whats do you think, be brutally honest, ill rate yours thanks
ericcck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: rate my AWESOME team, 11th spot 12 team PPR league WHIR

Postby 16FAC » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:07 pm

I don't see huge studs at any position. I'm not saying that your team isn't good, I'm just saying that at 11 I would have expected McFadden at RB or maybe a top tier QB. If those guys were gone I think Julio Jones, White, AJ, Cruz or the likes would have been available Late rd. 1 or early rd. 2.

With that said, I think Harvin will produce exceptionally in your scoring format and I think Lynch always has Beast pontential! I'm not knocking your team and I think you will do well, I'm just thinking that a big name player should have hit your roster in the first or early second. Good Job and Good luck this season!

please hit mine
viewtopic.php?t=517125
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby FFBChick » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:52 pm

I'd say this is a balanced team when healthy. A couple of if's (Peyton/Whitten). Need Depth at WR.
FFBChick
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Kaotic Ryit » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Your team isnt great at any position but is overall balanced. Your most pressing issue is you need a TE that is, actually, you know, playing.

Witten has a ruptured spleen and is for sure out for week one and maybe another week or two. And Winslow was cut and currently jobless unless something happened recently that I dont know.

Fix that first then go from there.
Kaotic Ryit
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby thebigsmooth » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:46 pm

I like it. I would just worry about Witten and maybe even Peyton.

Good luck.
Please take a look at mine.

viewtopic.php?t=517714
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Whisper » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Agree with the general sentiment above: no position jumps out as "holy crap, that's AWESOME!," but at the same time, nothing strikes me as poor, either...other than potentially TE, as I'm not big on Witten this year (but that's just me).

I'm not huge on Lynch (especially in PPR), either, but again, that's just me; lots of other, smarter people like him quite a bit, and he's certainly got a hefty workload coming his way. I do like Murray, though, and think both Brown and Ingram could be in line for big jumps by the middle of the season. For WR, Harvin and Lloyd should both be solid options this year, and DJax obviously has good upside even with his inconsistency.

My recommendations would be similar to what's been said: drop Winslow and see if you can find a sleeper/high-upside TE on waivers (e.g., Rudolph, Bennett) or potential TE2. Could also look into finding a backup QB such as Locker, Wilson, or Ponder, but that's less pressing and would require that you drop Moss, Moore, or Collie (of the three, I'd pick Moore; least breakout potential of the bunch).
(0.5 PPR, 12-team league)
QB: Vick, RG3
RB: McFadden, Matthews, K. Smith, R. Williams, M. Goodson
WR: Nicks, S. Smith, Britt, LaFell
TE: Hernandez, Pitta
K: Bironas
DEF: Spot start (Cin in wk4)
Whisper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ericcck » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:49 am

thanks guys...yeah, I saw winslow got cut, picked up dallas clark, figure he'll do for a week or 2.

i always look for the glaring hole on my starting lineup and this team dosent seem to have one, assuming witten comes back healthy and manning stays healthy.

thanks again!
ericcck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TitsMcGahee » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 am

I like your team, but I'd say you stretched big time taking Brandon Lloyd over Colston, Dez Bryant, even Maclin. Those guys on their respective teams are all higher options than Lloyd. But, you gotta like Lloyds upside of reuniting with McDaniels so you never no. I like Witten still more than most.
Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?t=517770
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby ericcck » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:41 am

TitsMcGahee wrote:I like your team, but I'd say you stretched big time taking Brandon Lloyd over Colston, Dez Bryant, even Maclin. Those guys on their respective teams are all higher options than Lloyd. But, you gotta like Lloyds upside of reuniting with McDaniels so you never no. I like Witten still more than most.
Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?t=517770

as soon as I made the pick for lloyd and passed up those guys I regretted it. every one of them was there. I saw the upside/McD connection, went with it. we'll see. I am usually very risk averse and like steady known commodities. agree 100%.

ill post on yours.

Thanks.
ericcck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ericcck » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 am

update:

2-0 and crushed both games so far. lloyd has panned out better than dez, maclin and colston so far...we'll see.
ericcck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings