Last 3 roster spots... WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Last 3 roster spots... WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Last 3 roster spots... WHIR

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:35 pm

10 team .5 PPR league. QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/K/D/Flex (W/R/T)

Roster that is staying the way it is...

QB E. Manning
WR W. Welker, A. Brown, K. Britt
RB D. McFadden, D. Sproles, S. Ridley
TE J. Graham, A. Hernandez
K M. Bryant
D Seattle, Buffalo

QB E. Manning
WR W. Welker
WR A. Brown
RB D. McFadden
RB D. Sproles
TE J. Graham
F A. Hernandez

J. Rodgers is my 4th RB (can only roster a max of 4), like his upside as I believe ATL is going to be one of the leagues best offenses, however Turner is going to garner the majority of backfield touches.

M. Crabtree is my 4th WR (can only roster a max of 4), nothing sexy here, but is a capable WR3 IMO

R. Wilson is my 2nd QB (need to have 2 rostered), all upside, rookie QB, same bye as Eli (oops)

RB available that I'm interested in...

1. R. Jennings, short term best of the bunch (by a lot), MJD returning will kill his value, MJD not returning he's a feature back
2. B. Wells, nothing sexy about him at all, but did go for 1K & 10 TD last year. R. WIlliams will negatively effect his value.
3. D. Wilson, Bradshaw is the starter, Wilson is the complement, similar upside to Rodgers IMO.
4. P. Thomas, very reliable in PPR formats, nothing special, plays in one of leagues best offenses
5. M. LeShoure, suspended first 2 games, could very well be "the guy" in Detroit shortly there after.
6. T. Jones, McFadden's apparent handcuff, wasted roster spot unless DMC gets hurt

WR available I'm interested in...

1. D. Amendola, very capable of 80+ receptions, seems to be emerging as the WR to own is STL
2. G. Little, coming off a pretty decet rookie season, WR to own in CLE (not saying much)
3. S. Rice, extremely talented but oft injured, capable of WR1 numbers if healthy.
4. L. Moore, possession guy in the Saints offense, always quietly good for 50+/600+/6+
5. J. Blackmon, rookie WR who has looked extremely impressive in preseason, WR1 on the Jags it appears.
6. N. Washington, top 12 PPR WR last year, nothing flashy, would also act as Britt insurance

QB available I'm interested in...

1. C. Palmer, despite a turnover filled preseason I'm of the opinion Oakland is going to be one of the more dynamic offenses out there, lots of speed at WR, and one of the best RB in the NFL when he's healthy (week 11 - Eli's bye, vs NO)
2. R. Fitzpatrick, Buffalo is a Nintendo like offense, Fitz has show that he's capable of huge numbers at times (week 11 - vs MIA on Thursday night)
3. S. Bradford, I'm still a believer, plays in a dome, former #1 overall pick (week 11 - vs NYJ)

So would you drop any of the 3 guys I have filling out the back end of my roster for anybody I listed & why?

THanks & WHIR
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Last 3 roster spots... WHIR

Postby dnyce6500 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:01 pm

I would get rid of Crabtree for either: Jennings, whom i also have. I am big on N. Washington, also on my roster, Britt out 1 game, coming off injury. I do like Lance Moore, great offense, just always misses games. Justin Blackmon should be decent he's also on my roster. If you need another RB i'd take a chance on D. Wilson, no way Ahmad is playing all 16. Hope that was beneficial.
dnyce6500
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby psorb1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 pm

I would seriously look at the Bradford Amendola connection. I feel that they will take a big step forward together. It may be worth getting rid of Crabtree, and Wilson. I am not sold on either.

Good Luck.
Please help
viewtopic.php?t=517141
psorb1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby diablo99 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Honestly if you have to roster 2 qbs I would drop wilsonand pick up Bradford. Both your qbs have the same bye so you will have to drop one eventually.

I like Bradford a lot and he has looked really good in the preseason. I think he has a bounce back year with the new coaching staff.

Good luck
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Bradford over Wilson and Blackmon over Crabtree.
R. Jennings is a toss up to Rodgers...if you want a starter to cash on in early I'd go with Jennings.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions