TE - Brent Celek
WR/RB - Peyton Hillis
BN - Jonathan Stewart
BN - Santonio Holmes
BN - Randall Cobb
BN - Jake Locker

K - Dan Bailey
DEF - KC

So my projected stats for my first match-up are pretty much even with my opponent but i see an obvious weakness in my teams defence. I want to pick up Arizona as they have a favourable match-up against Seattle and I am hoping that will give me an edge for the first week. My question is who to drop. I don't want to drop KC def because I am following my gut on this, hoping they are going to do better than predicted. I feel that Locker would be the best drop b/c having Rogers mean he wont get any playing time -- but he will be TEN starting QB in week 1 and I don't want to drop him if he could potentially have some serious trade value in a couple of weeks. So who should I drop? KC Def? Locker? Cobb?

Thanks for your help.
Botts89
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Defence Question

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Welcome! I'm not a big fan of KC's defense - I would drop them for ARI - Cardinals face the Patriots in week 2 though so I wouldn't want them for that game. What other defenses are available in your league - you might be better off playing whoever has the best matchup each week if there's a few decent teams to pick from.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Botts89 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:46 pm

It is a 14 team league with the following defences still available
ARI
TEN
ATL
MIA
JAC
OAK
NO
SD
CLE
DEN
WASH
MIN
STL
CAR
TB
IND
Botts89
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:55 pm

With that many teams I would go with the best matchup each week (for example WAS and OAK both have decent matchups in week 2). If you're unsure each week, come here and ask for advice on that week's best matchup. As the season goes on keep an eye on any team defense that appears to be having a good season as they may be worth grabbing and holding onto.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby latraffic » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 pm

Yeah, agree with above. I personally play it week to week based on matchup. A little later in the season there will be a guy (prince_45243) on here who will post an awesome Defense Analyzer matrix too and I use that through the season with good results.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Beginner's Forum