12 Team Non-PPR #8 overall (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team Non-PPR #8 overall (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team Non-PPR #8 overall (WHIR)

Postby csquared11 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm waiting on my first trade to go through. Originally had E. Manning and D. Jackson, but managed to trade up for Jones and Stafford. Once it does, I'll have the following team:

QB: M. Stafford
RB: C. Johnson
RB: F. Jackson
WR: V. Cruz
WR: J. Jones
WR: J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham
FLEX: R. Helu
K: M. Bryant
DEF: 49ers

BN: M. Cassel
BN: M. Bush
BN: J. McKnight
BN: D. Amendola
BN: D. Henderson
BN: J. Gresham

The only parts of this team I am not psyched about are Helu and Blackmon. Blackmon has all the talent in the world, but could have iffy production because of the team. Definitely a wait-and-see player.
Helu is unreliable because of Shanahan's running-by-committee style, I can't trust him to get his touches each week. I am picking up Josh Cribbs on waivers as a KR/PR for my flex spot, since those yards count in this league.
Also trying to work out some trades giving up McKnight/Bush to pick up better players as backups. Ideally, they will get me T. Young and D. Brown, respectively.

Anyways, any ratings, feedback, or advice would be great, and I will return the favor to 100% of respondents, just link me to the thread you want me to reply to.
csquared11
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team Non-PPR #8 overall (WHIR)

Postby TheGhost » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:36 pm

Overall, I like your team a lot given that it's a 12 team league. I think Hulu could perform quite well if he gets healthy and can stay on the field. Definitely worth a flex spot IMO. The only thing that I'd be concerned with is depth but you're never really going to have a lot in a 12 teamer. Great job though and good luck!
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 pm

csquared11 wrote:I'm waiting on my first trade to go through. Originally had E. Manning and D. Jackson, but managed to trade up for Jones and Stafford. Once it does, I'll have the following team:

The only parts of this team I am not psyched about are Helu and Blackmon. Blackmon has all the talent in the world, but could have iffy production because of the team. Definitely a wait-and-see player.
Helu is unreliable because of Shanahan's running-by-committee style, I can't trust him to get his touches each week. I am picking up Josh Cribbs on waivers as a KR/PR for my flex spot, since those yards count in this league.
Also trying to work out some trades giving up McKnight/Bush to pick up better players as backups. Ideally, they will get me T. Young and D. Brown, respectively.

Anyways, any ratings, feedback, or advice would be great, and I will return the favor to 100% of respondents, just link me to the thread you want me to reply to.

The first thing I'd do is pray that Eli and D-Jax for Stafford and Julio doesn't get vetoed ;-D

Your starting lineup looks great as it is, with great top-2 players and RB/WR and an elite QB/TE combo. I like Bush and Amendola as sleepers, but other than that I don't like many of the players on your bench.

I agree with you that Blackmon and Helu are by far a step down from the rest of your starters. I especially want no part of Helu, who I doubt will be starting for very long anyways. Since he still has some value, I'd try and trade him for a WR to take Blackmon's place as a starter. I like Bush and think he'd be a serviceable starter in a 12-teamer. this depth problem is nothing to break up your elite core over.
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby sabomnim » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:06 pm

csquared11 wrote:I'm waiting on my first trade to go through. Originally had E. Manning and D. Jackson, but managed to trade up for Jones and Stafford. Once it does, I'll have the following team:

you have an awesome team for a 12 man league
idk how you got CJ, Graham, Cruz and julio all on the same team not to mention stafford and fred jackson
i couldnt get half of those in a 10 man league if i wanted
but if you actualy traded eli and desean for julio and stafford I guess it explains the type of league ur in
also if you get titus young and d brown from mcknight and bush, then I guess you dont play with the best players
i dont know what the other teams look like but Id say ur pretty set
blackmon will get the passes being the only one there who can catch
expect like an AJ green type year, maybe slightly less but still solid for a WR3
helu is a good RB but shannahan will rotate him, but he should still do fine for a flex

good luck
please rate mine
viewtopic.php?t=517059
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby csquared11 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:20 am

sabomnim wrote:you have an awesome team for a 12 man league
idk how you got CJ, Graham, Cruz and julio all on the same team not to mention stafford and fred jackson
i couldnt get half of those in a 10 man league if i wanted
but if you actualy traded eli and desean for julio and stafford I guess it explains the type of league ur in
also if you get titus young and d brown from mcknight and bush, then I guess you dont play with the best players
i dont know what the other teams look like but Id say ur pretty set
blackmon will get the passes being the only one there who can catch
expect like an AJ green type year, maybe slightly less but still solid for a WR3
helu is a good RB but shannahan will rotate him, but he should still do fine for a flex

good luck
please rate mine
viewtopic.php?t=517059

No need to be like that! I admittedly took advantage of a Giants homer who wanted Eli. Those other two trades are pretty unlikely.. I doubt either owner will take it (but I have to try, right?)

Draft order was:
1: CJ2K
2: Graham
3: Cruz
4: Freddie
5: DeSean
6: 49ers
7: Blackmon
8: Eli
9: Helu
10: Bryant
Then bench in whatever order
csquared11
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby riley yorkington » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:08 pm

csquared11 wrote:Originally had E. Manning and D. Jackson, but managed to trade up for Jones and Stafford.

Trade rape. Your team is stacked with studs - I'd actually try and move one of them to upgrade your depth a bit. I agree with Blackmon that you have to wait and see, but I'm leaning on the side that he'll blow up. Not a fan of Helu exactly for the reasons you stated. If you land Young and Brown, I'd say hello to a championship again. Those two are very flex-worthy, with wr2/rb2 upside. Don't think you need Cassel taking up a space on your bench, since I really doubt someone will pick him up if you drop him. I'd pick up a deep sleeper instead.

I seriously don't understand how you're pulling these trades off, so please feel free to share your secrets with the rest of us!

viewtopic.php?t=517303
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Roster Ratings