Trade JStew for CedBen? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade JStew for CedBen?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade JStew for CedBen?

Postby hammertoes » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:06 pm

I had one rule when I went into my draft. I'm sure many others had the same one. "Stay away from the Patriot, Redskin, and Panther running backs". I just didn't want any part of the headaches and confusion that go along with them.

Then I'm sitting there in the 9th round, looking for my RB4, and I'm staring at Jonathan Stewart's name. I just did not like him, but he was BY FAR the best player on the board. So figuring I couldn't pass up on the value, I held my nose and took him. And now I'm regretting it.

Not because of his ankle injury (it doesn't sound that serious). And not because he's not a good player (it's a well documented opinion that most believe he'd be a top 10 RB away from Deangelo). I'll just never feel comfortable playing him. Even if Deangelo was out with an injury, he'd still be splitting with Tolbert I think.

I might have one sucker in my league that would trade for him (he's my best friend, but all's fair in fantasy football). I feel like I could get Cedric Benson from him. I know that the RB's in Green Bay don't get a bunch of action because Aaron Rodgers is a touchdown WHORE, but at least he'll be the feature back with James Starks likely getting cut. All of the sites that I follow rank Stewart higher, but I just have a better feeling about Benson. Plus with MJD missing at least the first week for me, I feel Benson has a better shot at being "start worthy" week 1.

Am I crazy? Would you trade Stewart for Benson to be your RB4? My roster is below...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 team keeper league, standard scoring, NO ppr
Start 2RB, 1RB/WR, 2WR, 1WR/TE, 1TE

QB: M. Stafford, J. Cutler
RB: M. Jones-Drew, M. Lynch, F. Jackson, J. Stewart, J. Rodgers
WR: J. Jones, P. Harvin, E. Decker, N. Washington, K. Wright
TE: R. Gronkowski, J. Witten
hammertoes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade JStew for CedBen?

Postby yellowbelly » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:05 am

You have a solid team! I would do that trade because Benson would get more goalline ops than Stew I would imagine. However, read on rotoworld Benson won't be used on third downs, so factor that into your decision. Good luck!
yellowbelly
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions