who to take ppr??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

who to take ppr???

Moderator: Football Moderators

who to take ppr???

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:15 pm

Okay one man keeper. I kept foster. I have seventh pick. Our league is ppr league but tight ends get two ppr. We also have slots of qb2/rb3 and te2/wr3. So most guys go two qbs and two tight ends.

This is the top guys left.

Stafford- will be gone
Calvin- will be gone
Graham- will be gone
Newton- probably gone
Murray
Sproles

If any of those guys are there I know what to do. If they all go then I'm lost. Do I draft Hernandez/ gates? Or best rb available? Or jump on the Julio bandwagon...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: who to take ppr???

Postby hess8228 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:38 pm

1. Graham
2. Stafford
3.Newton
4. Murray
5. CJ
6. Sproiles
hess8228
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:40 pm

hess8228 wrote:1. Graham
2. Stafford
3.Newton
4. Murray
5. CJ
6. Sproiles

Yeah, I have seventh pick. You really drafting Murray before Calvin?
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 pm

I would for sure snag up a stud TE or QB with that pick definitely Newton or Graham/Gronk for sure.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 pm

MadDog36 wrote:I would for sure snag up a stud TE or QB with that pick definitely Newton or Graham/Gronk for sure.

Gronk got kept. Newton and Graham will be gone before me. If I was to try to draft te it would likely be Hernandez/gates. Not sure I'm in love with that. If I went Qb it would be rivers/romo, again not in love. I'm just thinking the best value is going to be another rb.... I could be wrong.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby marley972 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:15 pm

why are you so sure a great qb wont fall to you. are they all already on a keeper team?
marley972
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 pm

marley972 wrote:why are you so sure a great qb wont fall to you. are they all already on a keeper team?

Rodgers Brady Brees were kept. That leaves Stafford and Newton. Six picks before me. All tds are six points, and we have a qb2/rb3 slot allowing teams to start two qbs.

I guess its possible one of those two falls. Its just after Graham and Calvin come off the board they are the best options. And this league costs 500$ a year so everyone knows what they are doing.

I know I would be happy with Stafford or Newton lol.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:31 am

I don't think I would be disappointed with Hernandez....I actually think this year he does better than Gronk...i know it's crazy saying that but reports are saying it too.....not sure but I think a lot of Def will focus more on him this season (why not last season? I don't know)....but Hernandez should be GTG and Gates is solid and always has been too and since TE's are 2pt ppr you don't want to lose out and get a crappy TE.....there are an abundance of QB's out there that can be had so if it's between Hernandez/Gates or Romo/Rivers then I would choose Hernandez (IMO)...I ike Julio and that bandwagon too but then again....a ton of WR's so...I will pass on that!

Good Luck m8!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
P.Harvin/T.Young/A.Boldin/M.Williams(Tam)/S.Moss
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:48 am

WhipperSnappers44 wrote:I don't think I would be disappointed with Hernandez....I actually think this year he does better than Gronk...i know it's crazy saying that but reports are saying it too.....not sure but I think a lot of Def will focus more on him this season (why not last season? I don't know)....but Hernandez should be GTG and Gates is solid and always has been too and since TE's are 2pt ppr you don't want to lose out and get a crappy TE.....there are an abundance of QB's out there that can be had so if it's between Hernandez/Gates or Romo/Rivers then I would choose Hernandez (IMO)...I ike Julio and that bandwagon too but then again....a ton of WR's so...I will pass on that!

Good Luck m8!

Yeah its rough trying to decide. The two ppr thing changes everything. So lets say Hernandez, forte, sproles, Julio, rivers are there. Who to go with?

The three people picking after me all kept qbs, so they are not likely to take one. Its hard cause in 2 Qb leagues qbs are worth a lot more than normal.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:57 am

Hmmmmmm.....

Yeah...that gets one to think right there and think real hard....I think it comes down to Hernandez (2pt ppr) vs Rivers (2 QB and valuable) and even Forte (hard to pass on a great RB)...

I still think I would grab Hernandez for some reason if you think you could get a couple nice QB's later and if not then grab Rivers (or a different QB) on that pick....

I just feel if you can get a couple QB's later that should be good-nice-great then you could pass on Rivers (say guys like Vick or M.Ryan or P.Manning, RGIII, Luck, Schaub, etc....the list goes on)....the bad thing as well is since it's a 2 QB league (I have been in a few) a ton of people panic and start running out and grabbing QB's like that's the only team thus leaving garbage QB's left or none at all....

You don't want to be stuck with say a duo of A.Smith and A.Dalton do you? (just an example duo)....lol

so this one is tough and more so tough that the QB's are flying off the board! I would say if you feel you can get a couple good/nice QB's later on then go with Hernandez and if not then grab Rivers (or a different QB)

Good luck m8....tough call there!

Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
P.Harvin/T.Young/A.Boldin/M.Williams(Tam)/S.Moss
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)