Larry Fitzgerald, or Doug Martin and Dez? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Larry Fitzgerald, or Doug Martin and Dez?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Fitzgerald, or Doug Martin and Dez?

Postby brtdud7 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:51 pm

14 team PPR 3 keeper. I currently have Brady, McCoy, Foster and Fitz.

I would currently go into the draft with Brady, Foster and McCoy and the first pick, where I would take Fitzgerald. However, the person at #2 has a terrible third keeper and offered me his #2 pick for Fitzgerald. If I took this, I would have Brady, Foster, McCoy and the first 2 picks.

Here is a list of the main available players:

RB:
Doug Martin
Michael Turner
Richardson

WR:
Dez
Colston
Lloyd

We start 2 RB, 2 WR and a W/R flex spot in a 14 team league. Should I decline the trade and end up with Brady/Foster/McCoy/Fitzgerald, or accept it and end up with Brady/Foster/McCoy/Martin and then one of the WRs after my first 2 picks? And which one should I take? I'm leaning towards Dez.

Thanks
brtdud7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Larry Fitzgerald, or Doug Martin and Dez?

Postby Dexter II » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:45 pm

My gut reaction is to make the trade unless you want the option of keeping Fitzgerald next year.

If you start McCoy, Foster, and Martin at RB, RB, Flex that should put you in good shape in a deeper league. I'd then consider Colston over Dez. Dez might be the better talent but I think Colston is likely to get more catches and should put up similar, if not better, numbers at the end of the day.

Tough call but I'd make the trade.
Fatalism Helps with the Jump but not the Fall
Dexter II
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Web SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hess8228 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:56 pm

I like Turner better this year than a question mark in Doug Martin.. The only reason I would take Martin over Turner is if you plan to place a keeper tag on him, since he is so young and has a high ceiling.Richardson my not be a bad take for that same reason. I Would make the trade as im not confident in Skelton or Kolb, and think Arizona will struggle mightily with the pass game. Also, I think there is more value in having 3 solid RB's to start. WR's are a little easier to come by. I think all 3 recievers listed are good options, although dez and lloyd make me a little nervous.(Dez is a head-case and lloyd has been the least bit of productive this preseason and their are alot of mouths to feed in NE).

qb- brady
rb- foster
rb-mccoy
wr-dez/colston/lloyd
wr-decker/stevie J/A. brown? (if available)
rb- Martin/Turner/T Rich

Not sure if anyone can compete with that roster
hess8228
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby brtdud7 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:07 pm

I like Turner better this year than a question mark in Doug Martin..

I just don't think I can take Turner when not only is this a PPR, and a keeper, but also with Atlanta moving to the pass-heavy offense and with Jacquizz there.

My gut reaction is to make the trade unless you want the option of keeping Fitzgerald next year.

I haven't really even considered keeping Fitzgerald at this point, I'm still deciding this thing. I'm really leaning towards doing the trade, especially with how shallow RB is this year.

I am also waiting to see if another guy accepts Brady for Julio (and then I would take Ryan and Martin at 1&2), but IDK if that will happen.
brtdud7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:17 pm

You already have two stud RB keepers and a stud QB and a stud WR. I would keep the top two picks in the draft and just chill to the championship. I love the idea of taking Richardson or Martin or both if they are available with your first two picks or one of J-Rich or Martin and Colston that would just be flat out sick.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brtdud7 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 pm

MadDog36 wrote:You already have two stud RB keepers and a stud QB and a stud WR. I would keep the top two picks in the draft and just chill to the championship. I love the idea of taking Richardson or Martin or both if they are available with your first two picks or one of J-Rich or Martin and Colston that would just be flat out sick.

I don't have Brady, McCoy, Foster, Fitz and the top 2 picks. I can only keep 3 of them, and I only have the #1 pick. I would have the top 2 if I traded Fitz.

If I don't trade Fitz, I will take him at #1 and end up with Brady/McCoy/Foster/Fitz. If I do trade Fitz, then I will take Martin and Dez/Colston at #2 and end up with Brady/McCoy/Foster/Martin and Dez/Colston
brtdud7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:39 am

I would make this trade....

I like Fitxy but it's hard to pass up on another great RB (to add to the studs you already have) and a top WR close to Fitz in production (if not better depending on how the season pans out)...

To be honest I would grab Martin or TRich.....I'm leaning towards Martin as well though since Rich has already been hurt and so you never know what to expect....at least with martin he has already taken over the #1 spot meaning several things including the coaches like what they see!

I think I would have to go with the majority here and take Colston. I have always been a fan of Lloyd's even when my bro's used to make fun of me for taking him in drafts back in the days....the dude has hands and hops but NE is too over crowded (Welker, Gronk, Hern, Ridley, other WR's, etc...) and since they have Ridley (who I think is a great breakout candidate and sleeper this year they will always be a pass team but i think they have options now) so.....D.Bryant has off team legal crap he always gets into and as well an injury and injury past...I would pass. I like Colston as he has always been consistent and is one of Bree's favorite targets (along side Graham) and I feel their running game has always been a mess so....I would go Colston!!!

Make the trade and go with Martin/Colston (I do agree with another poster though as you could go with Martin/TRich)...that would be some real nice depth....and the trade for a bigger stud receiver as the season goes on! (just an option)...Good luck m8!!!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
P.Harvin/T.Young/A.Boldin/M.Williams(Tam)/S.Moss
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)