Maurice Jones-Drew Backup Trade Needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Maurice Jones-Drew Backup Trade Needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Maurice Jones-Drew Backup Trade Needed

Postby AthleticCup » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:57 pm

With MJD's holdout ending soon becoming more questionable, I need to find a better replacement than what I have on the bench but am having trouble putting together an ideal trade. its a keeper PPR league, but receptions are only worth 0.5. Any ideas?

My Starters:
Drew Brees
MJD
Dustin Keller
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson
Antonio Brown
Willis McGahee
Bills (D\ST)
Jason Hanson (K)

My Bench:
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Brian Quick
Michael Bush
Titus Young
Isaiah Pead
Kendall Wright
AthleticCup
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Maurice Jones-Drew Backup Trade Needed

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:52 am

For starters I would try targeting the guy who has R.Jennings.....could you please list his team so we can find a trade offer you could propose?

I would pretty much trade anyone on your bench for him (except maybe T.Young and possibly DHB but I have no problems if that's the case since you desperately need Jennings) so.......and if there is no way possible trading for him then try for a lower class RB from a different team (BGE, Benson, D.Brown, etc....)

Who is the team that owns SJAX? Gore? Forte?

Let me know...txs!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
P.Harvin/T.Young/A.Boldin/M.Williams(Tam)/S.Moss
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)

Postby AthleticCup » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:02 am

R. Jennings team:

Tom Brady
Julio Jones
Rob Gronkowski
Trent Richardson
Jeremy Maclin
Demaryius Thomas
Peyton Hillis
Sidney Rice
Mikel Leshoure
Jacquizz Rodgers
Rashad Jennings
Austin Collie
Kyle Rudolph

SJAX Team:

Marshawn Lynch
Victor Cruz
Steven Jackson
Reggie Bush
Steve Johnson
Eric Decker
Isaac Redman
Michael Crabtree
Toby Gerhart
Robert Griffin III
Danny Amendola
Ben Roethlisberger
Tony Gonzalez

GORE Team:

Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Cam Newton
Frank Gore
Brandon Lloyd
Stevan Ridley
Roy Helu
Denarius Moore
C.J. Spiller
Donald Brown
Daniel Thomas
Brandon LaFell
Fred Davis

FORTE Team:

Aaron Rodgers
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Dwayne Bowe
Santonio Holmes
Reggie Wayne
Aaron Hernandez
Ryan Williams
Greg Little
Rashard Mendenhall
Randall Cobb
Santana Moss
Andrew Luck
AthleticCup
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Ok....this is a little tough....(BTW....I messed up....I said show the Gore team since it was late here and I thought you had K.Hunter not K.Wright....hahahahahah)...sorry

Ok....anyways, here are a couple suggestions that you could do.....there are probably more things you could try but here is a couple things off the top of my head.

First I would try and get Jennings. I would offer up Bush, Bush+(Quick/Wright/Pead...pick 1) and see what the other guy says. You could also lowball him and try something like Pead and a WR (K.Wright/Quick or even DHB)....main thing is to see what he would want for jennings but you can't show that your desperate otherwise he might charge an arm and a leg for him and since MJD "Will" be back and playing sooner than later then you don't want to pay too high for Jennings.

Next option you could do is trade your handcuff RB's to the owners and here is what I saw.....they may do it or may not. I would start by seeing if you could trade the SJAX owner Pead for his I.Redman. (you might have to a Quick or Wright to the deal). If he takes that then I would try sending the Forte owner Bush for his Mendy. If you did this then you would have the 1-2 punch combo RB's (starter and hancuff whichever maybe be which) but instead of handcuff guys waiting if the starter gets hurt kind of guys. (I mean Bush will have value off the bat with the goal line carries but Pead won't do anything unless SJAX gets hurt and he might not even be next in line....there is another RB there competing for the backup role)

So....I would first try and get Jennings but wouldn't pay an arm and a leg....just offer up some of your handcuff guys to solidify that spot....and if the other person doesn't trade him or wants too much then try going for some trades involving the other teams since you have their handcuffs in order to complete your team and get that extra starting RB.

Good Luck m8! (If you need anything else just PM me here at the Cafe)

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
P.Harvin/T.Young/A.Boldin/M.Williams(Tam)/S.Moss
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)

Postby AthleticCup » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:32 am

Looks like the hold out is finally over. I was also able to cancel the proposed trade for Jennings in time, so that all worked out.

Since my team has some definite room for improvement though, do you think I should still try to do one of the suggested trades or even use MJD in a trade to improve my position?
AthleticCup
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions