should i go after lynch's handcuff? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

should i go after lynch's handcuff?

Moderator: Football Moderators

should i go after lynch's handcuff?

Postby sha » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:58 pm

you hear so many different opinions on handcuffing RB's....In a 16 team keeper league with TD heavy scoring I am debating adding Robert Turbin as the handcuff to Marshawn Lynch. Seems like a good move considering Lynch's back spasms, west coast kickoff times, and legal issues (although I don't think he will be suspended too long if at all). But I am not sure who (or if) I should drop. Fitzpatrick is my #2 QB and last draft pick (not including dst or kicker), but in a 16 team league qb is thin. My only other option would be one of my back-up rb's....spiller? stewart?. Seems like they have too much upside. Do you see any other options? should I just roll as is? TE and WR are interchangeable and can even be used in place of 1 rb. thanks, leave a link to yours.

QB-Romo, Fitzpatrick
RB-Lynch, Turner, Greene, Stewart, Spiller
WR-White, Wallace, Decker
TE-F.Davis
K-Gould
DST-Lions
Last edited by sha on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sha
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: should i go after lynch's handcuff?

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Team is solid hang tight.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:25 am

Hmmmmmm....this is a tough call but I think I would add Turbin! I have Lynch as well and couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab Turbin since Lynch has too many question marks and I would rather be safe then sorry in the long run.

I don't see Spiller having too much value as well as Stewart but I would prefer Stewart over Spiller.....to be honest what I would do is try and trade Spiller/Stewart/Both and try and get a decent starting RB back in return or a nice decent WR...and then grab Turbin. (maybe try and target the guy who has FJAX/D.Williams as a starting point on who to trade with)

Good Luck m8 but I would....you have to protect your #1 guys and Lynch is your #1 RB!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
P.Harvin/T.Young/A.Boldin/M.Williams(Tam)/S.Moss
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)

Postby BurritoBoy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:28 am

WhipperSnappers44 wrote:Hmmmmmm....this is a tough call but I think I would add Turbin! I have Lynch as well and couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab Turbin since Lynch has too many question marks and I would rather be safe then sorry in the long run.

I don't see Spiller having too much value as well as Stewart but I would prefer Stewart over Spiller.....to be honest what I would do is try and trade Spiller/Stewart/Both and try and get a decent starting RB back in return or a nice decent WR...and then grab Turbin. (maybe try and target the guy who has FJAX/D.Williams as a starting point on who to trade with)

Good Luck m8 but I would....you have to protect your #1 guys and Lynch is your #1 RB!

I disagree with this. I doubt Lynch gets more than 1 game if any, that's what Britt got. In a 16 team league, you have great rb depth. A combo of Turner/Green/Stewart will be great to get you through the first week and a week here or there. Spiller has too much upside to drop for a handcuff. If FJax goes, down, Spiller will be a lower end RB2 IMO.

I would stick with what you have. Fitzpatty is a good backup, hold onto him. You don't have anyone that isn't as valuable to your team as a handcuff. If you had MJD and wanted to pick up Jennings, that would be a different story. Not jsut due to the current situation, but also because Jennings is a much better player than Turbin. Same if you were a Foster owner trying to get Ben Tate. To me, I don't see Turbin being worth who you'd drop. I'd start either of those other 3 RBs over Turbin if Lynch were to miss time.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:51 am

As far as Burritoboy says....I was not stating to the question marks not only with suspension possibility (which I don't think he misses time for that at all this season)....my worry with Lynch is his injuries (back spasms already)??? C'Mon....he hadn't played in a single preseason because of back spasms which is something that won't go away in a day or 2 and to be honest it will be something that haunts him the whole season.

Sure.....we only saw a glimpse of Turbin but I must say...it was a pretty site....what had Spiller done this preseason? Sure...he was a nice fill last season but that could have been a fluke and last I heard FJax is healthy as can be so....

Put it this way....I would bank on FJAX being more healthy than Lynch....at least at the beginning of the season and to secure your starting RB1 I would say grab Turbin and Spiller is the only viable option to drop unless you can make a trade which I stated I like better for you.

On a side note....not sure what Burritoboy was talking about.....sure...if you have MJD then heck yeah you would grab Jennings since we know Jennings will start week 1 (at least) and MJD is still nowhere to be found...lol...and Tate is a stud RB regardless (as is the only real handcuff that is not considered a handcuff).....it's all based on circumstances and in this circumstance I would say grab Turbin. He said "IF" FJax goes down the Spiller will be valuable and I agree but you can say that about any RB in the league. Just put it this way....would you rather have a handcuff for one of your stud RB's or a handcuff to someone else's stud RB? Also.....let's say FJAX and Lynch both went close to being out with injuries....FJAX with a 50% of getting an injury and Lynch with a 75%...which handcuff do you want? Whatever your answer is then go with that....

Best solution though is trade Spiller to the guy that owns FJax (trade him another player as well....preferably Stewart) and get back a good RB who is a starter who is more valuable then either one of them (which a starting RB would be) and then take the extra spot and grab Turbin....that's the best solution possible!

Good Luck m8!

Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
P.Harvin/T.Young/A.Boldin/M.Williams(Tam)/S.Moss
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)

Postby shmity72 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:17 am

i bought into lynch first round...but i took rashad jennings late as opposed to turbin ...paid off so far.

i do not subscribe to the 'hand cuff' theory. unless your talking about a potential two headed monster, or if lynch was really in danger of suspension..which i think he isn't.

my two cents

whir
QB: Russell Wilson, sam bradford
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, Demarco Murray, jacquizz Rodgers, mcgahee
WR: Torrey Smith, Chris Givens, DeAndre Hopkins, Anquan Boldin,
TE: Vernon Davis
DST: Patriots
K:Dan Bailey cowboys

championship here I come.
shmity72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 52)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:54 am

Lynch will not be suspended this year. Hes got money and a good lawyer.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions