12 Team PPR League Roster WHIR!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team PPR League Roster WHIR!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team PPR League Roster WHIR!!!

Postby MetsAllTheWay » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 pm

12 Team Yahoo PPR League

Just a note this is a yahoo league with modified 6 pts per passing td instead of 4. I also drafted Manning because he was a value pick where I got him I plan on trading him for some RB/WR help in a few weeks since some teams are weak at QB if he goes on to play well.

QB Drew Brees
RB Ryan Matthews
RB Doug Martin
WR Wes Welker
WR Miles Austin
WR Titus Young
TE Antonio Gates
Flex Stevan Ridley (RB)
K Stephen Gostkowski
Def Lions DST

Bench:
QB Peyton Manning
WR Malcom Floyd
RB David Wilson
RB Ronnie Brown
WR Sidney Rice
MetsAllTheWay
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team PPR League Roster WHIR!!!

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:30 pm

MetsAllTheWay wrote:12 Team Yahoo PPR League

Just a note this is a yahoo league with modified 6 pts per passing td instead of 4. I also drafted Manning because he was a value pick where I got him I plan on trading him for some RB/WR help in a few weeks since some teams are weak at QB if he goes on to play well.

QB Drew Brees
RB Ryan Matthews
RB Doug Martin
WR Wes Welker
WR Miles Austin
WR Titus Young
TE Antonio Gates
Flex Stevan Ridley (RB)
K Stephen Gostkowski
Def Lions DST

Bench:
QB Peyton Manning
WR Malcom Floyd
RB David Wilson
RB Ronnie Brown
WR Sidney Rice

Definitely a solid team. Brees is great in a 6-pt TD league and Welker is PPR gold. I'm sure Martin will do a great job of catching passes out of the backfield as well. I'm not crazy about your RB depth after though. #1 RB or not, Ridley will still most likely split carries on a team that will probably run 15 times per game maximum. I'd look to trade Peyton for an upgrade over him at RB.

viewtopic.php?t=517152 Thanks.
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dublin1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:47 am

I agree with Da'Markus Russell. You could definitely trade Manning for a decent RB once he starts proving all the doubters. Walker and Brees will keep you in the race. If Mathews had not injured himself, I would have taken him. Some reports are indicating that he will not be back until October, so improving your RB is imperative.
Dublin1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bigpat7676 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:35 pm

I Brees at Qb. Not a fan of Matthews. He gets hurt too much. Martin looks like the starter, but Blount may still challenge his starting spot. Austin had hammy issues last year and has the same issues this year.
bigpat7676
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lips » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Although drew brees is one of the most talented QB, I worry that the entire bountygate is going to hurt his production.

Your running backs, Matthews and Martin don't thrill me. They'll be ok, but not strong.

Please review mine:

viewtopic.php?t=517273
Lips
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby kgecklund » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:45 pm

I think Brees will give you a huge advantage in your league since it's 6 pts for a passing TD.

Your runnings backs could be great or they could be lousy, it's a coin flip for me. Mathews is great when he's on the field but his durability is a concern, and Martin is supposed to be the second coming of Ray Rice but we won't know until we see him in a regular season game.

Getting Gates is a huge plus, I like him for a monster year. And stashing Peyton was smart because it will hopefully allow you to upgrade at RB/WR.

Overall I would give you a B, I think Brees and Gates are elite and will help you out every week. The running backs are a coin flip but I like the upside. And the wide receivers are pretty solid. Welker is a ppr machine, Austin is great but those hammys scare me, and Titus Young has looked great in camp.

Thanks for the help with mine!
kgecklund
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)

Postby rickpinoy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:27 pm

I don't think you have a choice but to upgrade at RB and do it while Martin's perceived value is still high. Mathews has never had a truly stellar season - he's injury prone, and he's way overrated. Both RBs have limited upside and very big downsides. It's a great weakness to have in a scoring format like yours, so what you need to do is target some pass catching RBs who aren't flashy to get you some consistent points while Brees, Gates, and Welker rock your face off every week. Don't give up your pass catchers or any of those 3.

I'd test the waters to see if someone is stupid enough to trade a Forte type RB for Mathews and Martin paired. Otherwise, go for a McGahee type, or Sproles, or SJAX... someone along those lines. OR, even better, see what you can pick up off the wire - guys like Gerhart, CJ Spiller, etc are all out there in a lot of leagues and have some upside.

Please rate mine
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=517183#p3446204
rickpinoy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby johnny p » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:42 pm

I'll say "B-"

You could easily become a C-, or A depending on what the RB situation turns out to be..... just too many question marks at that position to go higher at this time.

viewtopic.php?t=517380
johnny p Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby sabomnim » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:30 pm

solid team
id try to move peyton to improve your RBs
mathews is made of glass
i like martin but you dont have anyone to plug in incase mathews goes down
you have potential with wilson but who knows when that will come into play
ur WRs are solid since welker is a ppr god
titus young is still unproven but if he comes what people are thinking he will you could be set

get rid of peyton before he gets hurt
if he survives week 1 and looked good, sell him while hes high
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Return to Roster Ratings