Russell Wilson, Kev Smith, Leshoure, Little 4 Percy & Ahmad? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Russell Wilson, Kev Smith, Leshoure, Little 4 Percy & Ahmad?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Russell Wilson, Kev Smith, Leshoure, Little 4 Percy & Ahmad?

Postby NY Nicks » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:50 am

I'm stumped. This looks like an odd situation to me. He wants Bradshaw badly it seems, but Percy too?? I hate to give him up.

Deal is, it's a 10 team, 2 QB league. My roster looks like this-

Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman at QB

McFadden and Charles at RB

Dez, Percy and Torrey Smith at WR

Bradshaw and Rashad Jennings at Flex

Starting Tony Gonzo at TE for now but also have Tamme and Olsen on my bench

Dwyer, both Jon and Doug Baldwin, Brandon LaFell and Tebow on my bench as well.

Josh freeman scares me and he's offering me the chance at Wilson now after he plucked him with first priority as the first player off waivers this year. Kind of like an extra draft pick for him. He's also giving me BOTH Detroit running backs and Greg Little who has sleeper potential. Personally, I really like him in the deal and there's a chance he can almost make up for what I lose trading Percy. Or can he??

I'd also like your opinion on the Bradshaw/Kevin Smith debate. Going into this, I'm thinking, no way. Bradshaw is gonna have a great year, even with the rookie behind him. A better year than Kevin Smith for sure. But the more I talk about this trade with the other party in the deal, I'm starting to wonder if it's Smith who is in line for bigger numbers. In terms of risking injuries, it's pretty much a wash between both of these guys. On top of that, does the addition of Leshoure in the deal eliminate all doubt? It's not like I have David Wilson to give him just in case Wilson takes the spotlight at some point this year.

I could wind up with a legit QB to pair with Ryan in Russell Wilson (or is he fools gold this season?), a running back tandem that could very well produce more than Ahmad Bradshaw would have, a potential breakout in Greg Little (although it's doubtful he puts up similar numbers as Percy), and then have the option of flipping Freeman for a decent WR if he AND Wilson start out hot. That would be the best case scenario considering there are some other teams in my league hurting for QBs.

Sorry for the long post. Would love some advice though. WHIIR
NY Nicks
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Russell Wilson, Kev Smith, Leshoure, Little 4 Percy & Ah

Postby NY Nicks » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:57 am

Keep in mind, it is a PPR league.
NY Nicks
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby NY Nicks » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm thinking I'm gonna reject the trade. Percy can be a star for me this year. I like Bradshaw better than Smith. And I think I can do better than Russell Wilson with the trade pieces I have. Hell, Freeman could very easily have a better year than this kid. This isn't a dynasty league. I doubt Wilson is a top 12 QB THIS season. Not seeing many reasons to pull the trigger, and again, giving up Percy is what hurts the most. I think he's the best player in the deal and I need something surefire at WR. The rest of my corps is a tossup, IMO.
NY Nicks
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby MAXIMIS » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Nope. Don't take it. I like Wilson and he's on my bench but I don't take that trade. Taking up 2 roster spots for one starter at RB and Giving up Harvin... nope. uh - uh.
Lil Help? Quick one: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517261
MAXIMIS
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby yellowbelly » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:39 pm

NY Nicks wrote:I'm thinking I'm gonna reject the trade. Percy can be a star for me this year. I like Bradshaw better than Smith. And I think I can do better than Russell Wilson with the trade pieces I have. Hell, Freeman could very easily have a better year than this kid. This isn't a dynasty league. I doubt Wilson is a top 12 QB THIS season. Not seeing many reasons to pull the trigger, and again, giving up Percy is what hurts the most. I think he's the best player in the deal and I need something surefire at WR. The rest of my corps is a tossup, IMO.

Excellent analysis of your own question, couldn't agree with you more. Stay put and good luck!!
yellowbelly
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions