Complicated Draft Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Complicated Draft Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Complicated Draft Question

Postby Skillsaw » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 am

10 Team - Standard ESPN Scoring - 6 point all TD's - Option to Keep 5 - 2QB League

Most guys in this league keep 5 guys from year to year. I chose to only keep 1. The deal is, if you keep 5, you don't get a draft pick until Round 6. I have picks in rounds 2-17. I'm the only one who kept only one player. I have the 2nd & 3rd round picks to myself. Another player kept 3 guys, so 4th Round will be myself and him. 5th Round, there will be 4 of us drafting. 6th Round is when everyone joins in. The top QB's available through the draft are guys like Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, Smith, etc. I'm looking to take 2 Rookie QB's so I can keep them as long as I want. I just don't know who to take. Luck? RG3? Wilson?

The player I kept was LeSean McCoy. My strategy is to draft a Rookie QB#1, 2nd round take CJ2K (wasn't kept), 3rd round take another QB. 4th and 5th rounds, go WR-WR (Harvin+Nicks or Cruz possibly). That way, most of my starting lineup will be solidified before the rest of the league jumps in.

I'm just trying to figure out which Rookie QB will have the best season and be the best for long term. I'm VERY high on Russell Wilson, but maybe it is all hype. Obviously Luck is a very solid pick, but is he going to put up good fantasy numbers? What about RG3?

I'm guaranteed to get 1 of the rookies since I am the only one drafting the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The guy joining in the 4th round didn't keep a QB, so he will most likely take a QB with that pick.

I appreciate any/all help. Leave a link and I'll help you all. Thanks!
Skillsaw
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Complicated Draft Question

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:23 am

If you're looking long term I would grab luck and rg3. This year probe luck and Wilson. I don't I'm sortable jumping on the Wilson wagon as well. No matter what luck will be the best.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions