No Brainer Right? Big Keeper Deal! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

No Brainer Right? Big Keeper Deal!

Moderator: Football Moderators

No Brainer Right? Big Keeper Deal!

Postby snixx79 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:51 pm

12 team standard performance scoring, non ppr 6 pts all tds. we keep 8 every year

I give: BJGE/Roddy/Hernandez

I get: BMarsh/Gronk

My roster now:
Brady/Wilson/Foles
McCoy/Murray/BJGE/Hillis/Quizz
Roddy/J.Nelson/Colston/LaFell/Boldin/J.Simpson
Hernandez/Rudolph

His Roster now:
P.Manning/Newton
MJD/ADP/Ridley/Hightower/B.Powell
Marshall/D.Moore/S.Rice/Wright/Bess/L.Robinson
Gronk/H.Miller

I only ask because i know Gronk will come back to real life somewhat, and Hernandez has killer long term value with Welker likley leaving town next year. Am i overthinking this?

Thanks! WHIR, leave a link.
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: No Brainer Right? Big Keeper Deal!

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't think welker is going anywhere as long as he keeps playing like he did last year.

I don't know what to say in terms of the trade. I don't think I would do it. Not sure why.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jglo7 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:53 pm

I like it solely for keeping Gronk, he's young and a top TE. I'd do the trade, Julio will pass roddy this year in all categories (if healthy)
jglo7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:09 pm

I don't think this is a no-brainer. Gronk is the real deal but the TD count just isn't sustainable, not with the inclusion of yet another relevant weapon in Lloyd. Hern and Gronk's totals are going to be much closer this year than last. Hern is being used essentially everywhere on the field and IMO is going to push someone out of the top 2. As for your Welker assumption, I'm on the same page. NE just keeps piling on the slot WRs (just signed Greg Salas to go with Eldeman) and although they pale in comparison to Welker atm, I just get this feeling he'll definitely be playing for someone else in 2013.

When it comes to Bmarsh and Roddy, I think Bmarsh easily wins but is it by a large enough margin to offset BGE being in this trade? Roddy lead the league in targets last year 179 targets and was 3rd in 2010 with 167. We all know those target totals should come down by 30-40 as they transfer over to Julio. IMO, his reception total is highly dependent on volume and he should return to the 80-85 level that he enjoyed from 07-09. Regardless, he should still be an asset to any fantasy team. On the flip, I believe Bmarsh will return to the 100+ reception totals he enjoyed with Cutler for three years in Denver.

It looks like however Hillis will be your main RB3, and this trade should technically strengthen your core. You can never have too much RB depth but you seem like you can indeed make this trade. The selling point here is Bmarsh over Roddy but Hern over Gronk isn't the no-brainer it once was.

I just re-read your post and realized this wasn't PPR. Yay all that anlyzing when I could have just said, TAKE THE TRADE AND RUN! lol.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions