Draft in 5 hrs, who do I pick 1st? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Draft in 5 hrs, who do I pick 1st?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft in 5 hrs, who do I pick 1st?

Postby DistractedX » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Okay, my league is a 12 Team 6 keeper league, we keep 3 players ranked above 100 and 3 below 100. The keepers I have are ;Drew Brees, Darren McFadden, Jamaal Charles, Larry Fitzgerald, Robert Meachem, and Randal Cobb.

I have 1st pick in the draft and the players available are;

Julio Jones
Roddy White
Steven Jackson
Greg Jennings
Fred Jackson
Mike Wallace
Darren Sproles
Reggie Bush

This is not a ppr league and every touchdown scored is worth 6 points, I'm leaning towards Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, or Julio Jones. But I just cannot make up my damn mind. Some insight please? WHIR.
DistractedX
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft in 5 hrs, who do I pick 1st?

Postby bhgilliland » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Oh, Drew. I wish I could relish in the safety of his-producing abilities but I've never had the opportunity.

Julio will produce fireworks this year. Mark my words. Matt Ryan is going to have a top 5 QB season, just watch. Who's Matt Ryan's favorite receiver again? :)
Roddy White won't disappoint, but there are obvious better options.
Steven Jackson was one of the only things that didn't go wrong last season for the Rams. With their situation improved, Jackson will only get better. Safe choice.
Too biased to comment about Jennings. Not that I love or hate the Packers, but as a first pick? WR's are too deep this year (unless you snag Andre Johnson or Megatron) to waste a early pick on him.
F Jax will once again wow everyone this season. And that's coming from someone who hates the Bills.
Mike Wallace didn't help his rapport with Ben by holding out on the Steelers. He missed valuable time and reps this preseason, and won't produce awesome numbers until Brown has seen his share of looks/passes..which will be never.
Sproles. What can't he do. The offense is geared to put the ball in everyone's hands, and Jimmy Graham and Colston will hinder TD's, but Sproles can catch, run, evade, you name it. Not a bad pick.
I LOVE ME SOME REGGIE. He shut up my league, and more importantly, all his haters with the last half of the season. Now if he can just stay healthy...

tl;dr - F jax or Julio will melt your face off with excitement this year.
bhgilliland
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TexasMade8810 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Stephen Jackson or Julio/Roddy white depending on which one you like more. Those are your only two options IMO, but i'd personally go Jackson and lock up your starting core of rbs. Wr's can be had later in the draft.
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Zbetty » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I think your best bet would be S-Jax. While I would love to have Jolio in your league RBs will be thin and you will be able to still find solid WRs later.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Zbetty wrote:I think your best bet would be S-Jax. While I would love to have Jolio in your league RBs will be thin and you will be able to still find solid WRs later.

This.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions