Should I trade Foster for Megatron in a PPR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I trade Foster for Megatron in a PPR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I trade Foster for Megatron in a PPR?

Postby brtdud7 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:40 pm

(I made another thread for something different yesterday, bleh)

Roster Req: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T flex

I have a 14 team 3 keeper PPR league. I'm going into the draft with Brady, Foster and McCoy, as well as the top 2 picks, where I can take Doug Martin, Dez Bryant, Colston, Trent Richardson, or any TE not named Graham or Gronk

The draft is tomorrow, but I just thought, would it be smart to try to trade Foster for Megatron (and try to increase my draft position in a later round)? Obviously Foster is one of the Big 3 (and arguably THE top RB), but I have started worrying a bit about where I'll have to grab Ben Tate (probably at my 1.10 pick since I don't pick again until 3.1 at 85 overall) or, if I don't get him, what I'll have to put together to trade for him, and I am kind of thinking I want someone else to deal with him. The guy with Megatron is keeping SJax and Jennings as well.

Am I trying to overthink this?
brtdud7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I trade Foster for Megatron in a PPR?

Postby bhgilliland » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Megatron will never cease to amaze. A PPR league gives him and even greater chance to flourish more than he already does. Arian's health is the only major thing you should consider if you are going to make this trade. If you do go thru with this trade, then you better pick up Ben Tate and hope Arian misses some games.

Megatron is THE premier receiver in the NFL and it's not like he will disappoint you. However, the RB situation this year is a mess and good RB's are hard to come by. WR's however, can be quite plentiful. I don't see you really regretting the trade if you pick up Tate, but then again I don't see why you would. Both players are explosive. The PPR gives Calvin a step up, but this is Arian Foster we're talking about here so keep that in mind.

All in all, if I were you, I would hold on to Foster and wait for the next Antonio Brown or Victor Cruz, but don't feel like you've made a season ending mistake if you do it.
bhgilliland
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Keep foster. Thank me later.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby huyster1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Absolutely no. PPR just makes Foster more valuable since he gets a good amount to receptions.
huyster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 73)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Remember there is a reason people with the first pick are picking foster and not Calvin.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby brtdud7 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I know it's probably crazy to consider, I stated my reservations though. I never even contemplated it before this morning. I just got to thinking about how ESSENTIAL it is to get Tate BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY , and being in a keeper league, with how shallow the rosters will already be just going into the draft, I might have to take him 20 picks over his ADP
brtdud7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions