10 team trying to repeat WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 team trying to repeat WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team trying to repeat WHIR

Postby blueman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:13 pm

10 team league. Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 w/r, 1 te.
Points are:
1 every 20 passing yards
4 every passing td
1 every 10 yards rushing/receiving
6 every td rushing/receiving

Is this team good enough to have a chance to repeat? Where do I need to look to improve? As always leave a link and will return the favor.

QB: Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow
RB: LeSean McCoy, Steven Jackson, Doug Martin, David Wilson
WR: Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Brandon Lloyd, Steve Johnson, Robert Meachem, Kenny Britt
TE: Fred Davis, Jermaine Gresham
K: Alex Henery
D/ST: Eagles
blueman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 team trying to repeat WHIR

Postby riley yorkington » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Honestly my biggest worry here would be Andre Johnson. Really not sold that he's going to stay healthy, and in the off chance that he does it's not guaranteed that Schaub will stay healthy. You're stacked at WR, even considering that this is a 10-teamer. I'd try to move Andre and either package him with one of your TEs for an upgrade there or maybe Martin for lower-end RB1. That way your flex spot is solidified and someone else gets to deal with figuring out how to deal with Andre's inevitable injury.

Thanks for the help with mine.
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Lips » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Tebow was a waste of a pick. Andre Johnson will sit with injuries for about 3-6 weeks sometime during season, but your backups in WR are good, should be a very solid team, but then again, 10 team leagues all the teams look good. With only ten teams, and 16 drafted players, Tebow is not worthy of a roster spot. There must be 10-20 players sitting on waivers who are going to be better than Tebow.

Please help with mine:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=517273
Lips
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby blueman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Lips wrote:Tebow was a waste of a pick. Andre Johnson will sit with injuries for about 3-6 weeks sometime during season, but your backups in WR are good, should be a very solid team, but then again, 10 team leagues all the teams look good. With only ten teams, and 16 drafted players, Tebow is not worthy of a roster spot. There must be 10-20 players sitting on waivers who are going to be better than Tebow.

Please help with mine:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=517273

This is a team with my gf and she has an unhealthy obsession with Tebow so I didn't really have a choice on picking him lol. Plus he was my 2nd to last pick, only kicker after, so at that point I had no problem with it.
blueman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 35)

Postby KELLYLEAK » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 am

I like Peyton- tried to get him but couldn't in my league- you need a abckup but if tebow helps keep the little woman happy it's better than sleeping on the couch. Your rbs look solid- i'm a big fan of mccoy, doug martin, and wilson. Wr's look good- Green and Andre are solid- if Andre can stay healthy look out. TE is iffy but so are mine. Philly def is excellent. Overall very good team- you'll be a tough out.
KELLYLEAK
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:31 am

Agree that Andre is a risk, but I think you have enough depth to cover that risk. I think it looks good.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?t=517366
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 235)

Postby rickpinoy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Yeah, I have to echo that Andre is a big risk, but the reward could be high. I would take his potential value and pair it with Martin to try to pick up a DMC or Chris Johnson type back. You have depth at WR, so where I'd look to improve is at RB2 - martin has high perceived value, but no track record. I would capitalize on that. Otherwise, this looks like a top 3 team.

Please rate:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=517183#p3446204
rickpinoy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings