12 team standard, 12th pick. WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team standard, 12th pick. WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team standard, 12th pick. WHIR!

Postby riley yorkington » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:17 pm

qb: m.ryan, r.wilson
rb: j.charles, w.mcgahee, d.thomas, t.jones, j.rodgers
wr: a.brown, t.smith, r.wayne, a.jeffery, r.randle
te: j.graham, a.hernandez

12 team non-ppr
QB, 2WR, 2RB, WR/RB/TE, TE, K, DST

Ended up with the two monster TEs because 1) I can start both of them weekly and 2) the players I was targeting instead of the TEs were always taken the pick right before me. Definitely need to upgrade RB depth and perhaps WR, though I feel good about my upside there. What do you guys think? Who would you package for a trade?

Post your link so I can check your team out too ;-D
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team standard, 12th pick. WHIR!

Postby HeatNationFTW » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:53 pm

riley yorkington wrote:qb: m.ryan, r.wilson
rb: j.charles, w.mcgahee, d.thomas, t.jones, j.rodgers
wr: a.brown, t.smith, r.wayne, a.jeffery, r.randle
te: j.graham, a.hernandez

12 team non-ppr
QB, 2WR, 2RB, WR/RB/TE, TE, K, DST

Ended up with the two monster TEs because 1) I can start both of them weekly and 2) the players I was targeting instead of the TEs were always taken the pick right before me. Definitely need to upgrade RB depth and perhaps WR, though I feel good about my upside there. What do you guys think? Who would you package for a trade?

Post your link so I can check your team out too ;-D

Boom or Bust Team right here. If Charles comes back without problems your golden. I bolded those three WRs cause they stick out to me. Brown will be like the Julio Jones to Mike Wallace. Wallace better watch out. Smith has big play ability, but hes a gamble. Now to Reggie Wayne. Wayne is going to be like the Steve Smith of last year. Vet gets a QB and shows that he can still ball with the rest of em.
HeatNationFTW
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby blueman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:23 pm

I think you have a pretty decent team there. I don't think that your RB's are that bad. I do like Charles this year and thing McGahee is clearly the top RB in Denver. Although with Manning now, I don't think he'll put up the numbers he did last year. However, after those two you don't have much, unless Bush were to get injured then Thomas would be really nice to have. As for WR, i really like your top 2, and Wayne is good to have as a WR3, especially seeing you will only need to start 2 with those TE's that you got.

Help with mine if you get the chance:
viewtopic.php?t=517302
blueman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 35)

Postby Lips » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 pm

You definitely want to trade one of those TE. Even though you can start 2, week in and week out, one of them will not perform as well as the RB's and WR that most people use to fill their flex. you'll have some weeks where they both do great, but not too many. I love Ryan, I think McGahee and Charles can be decent, but you're missing the guy you can coun on week in and week out. Wayne is on downside, hope Luck spring boards to a solid career using the experience of Wayne. Torrey Smith is gonna be great, better than Brown, who will be just fine.

Please help with mine:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=517273
Lips
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby ramzstriker » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 am

I think you did well in drafting what was probably the best talent available to you at the moment but you do have some holes.
Now I am a running back guy, and although I do like you RB's, you are in no way safe (able to get consistent points from one guy) and I don't like that. What I would do is wait for Graham to have a good/great game and trade him while his value is high in a package with McGahee for a better RB or package Graham with Ryan for a better QB (if you end up not liking Ryan. I think the RB move would be easier to pull off and you could get more at that spot. Being that you are in a standard league, research a touchdown guy to snipe on someone's roster. Also look for someone in need of a TE or WR/TE. You will be fine this year if you think about selling guys high and buying low. You will be a playoff team if you can work the waiver wire well this season and play match ups.

Overall:
QB: 7
RB: 7
WR: 8
TE: 10

Thanks for the help with mine.
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD
RB: DOUG MARTIN
RB/WR: AHMAD BRADSHAW
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL
WR/TE: RANDALL COBB
WR/TE: BRIAN HARTLINE
DEF: TEXANS
K: RANDY BULLOCK

BENCH: C. Ivory, Ben Tate, R. Broyles, B. Pettigrew, J. Kerley, A. Dalton
ramzstriker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 22)

Postby SirGrotius » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:15 am

I like it a lot. Yes, you have two boom TEs, but overall I see a lot of value. I like Matt Ryan this year (feel like I say that every year). I'm not sure what you can do at RB, but vibes are good with McGahee so you might have a very competitive squad.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=517554
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby csquared11 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:28 am

Sorry, this is a late bit of feedback, but I owe you one for your comments on my team:

QB: Depending on when you took him, I think Matt Ryan may be the steal of this year's draft. I think he should do exceptionally well this year with Julio and Roddy catching. I like Wilson as a backup, very High-Risk, High-Reward at QB, which could be a very pleasant surprise later on in the season.
RB: Top 2 are good, with reasonable depth behind them. Should see a good number of touches from both of them.
WR: Good group of WRs, including Jeffery, who I expect to have a great rookie year.
TE: Great setup of the league where you can play both of them. If Randle, Jeffery, or a backup WR steps up, you can trade one of them away for great value.
It'd be nice to know your K/DEF, because this could be a competitive squad with the right players in those positions.
csquared11
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:29 am

Definitely a playoff team imo. You do have some risky players though, but everyone usually has to deal with that. You just will really need Charles to stay healthy. I love Matt Ryan this year, I think he is due for a break out with the new offense Atlanta is running. You are a little weak at the WR position, but if Torrey Smith can improve on last year's numbers you should be alright.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=517475
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings