Help with Jennings (JAC) trade ideas to MJD owner. WHIR!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help with Jennings (JAC) trade ideas to MJD owner. WHIR!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with Jennings (JAC) trade ideas to MJD owner. WHIR!!!!

Postby BThompson » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Standard scoring, 12 team league, Starting RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR.

My Team: (byes)

RB Foster (8)
RB DMC (5)
RB Murray (5)
RB Jennings (6)
RB Redman (4)
RB Tate (8)

WR Colston (6)
WR Austin (5)
WR Little (10)

His Team: (bye)

RB MJD (6)
RB McGahee (7)
RB Helu (10)
RB Bush CHI (6)
RB Scott CIN (8)

WR White (7)
WR Jackson TB (5)
WR Johnson BUF (8)
WR Robinson JAC (6)

I'd like to give Jennings for Jackson TB but I've got too many wk 5 byes already with all the Cowboys I got stuck with & DMC. Plus with published rankings it looks like I'm askin way too much. Opinions?
BThompson
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help with Jennings (JAC) trade ideas to MJD owner. WHIR!

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Firstly, how'd you land Foster, DMC AND Murray, is this a keeper league? Anyway, Vjax and Jennings are going in similar rounds so it'd be a fine straight up trade but I'd urge you to go after Stevie instead.

I don't foresee this transition to be an easy one for Vjax. It's no secret that he's a one trick pony vertical threat and I'm not so sure Freeman can utilize him. Rivers has one of the best deep balls in the game and not surprisingly looks to go vertical a lot; he boats a hefty 8+ YPA. Conversely, Freeman doesn't like to go vertical very often, boasting a 6ish YPA. This may not be the right fit for Vjax's limited skill set.

Stevie on the other hand is an extremely underrated WR, and along with Maclin are the steals of the 6th round IMO. He played injured for a majority of the year last year and still managed to put up 1,000. It is my belief Stevie run the best routes in the NFL and I've been impressed watching him beat my man Revis on several plays for the past two years now. I would feel much more comfortable with him over Vjax at this point.

Either Stevie/Vjax for Jennings is a fine trade and I'm sure the MJD owner is sweating it out right now. Don't be afraid to make the offer (preferably for Stevie).
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Re: Help with Jennings (JAC) trade ideas to MJD owner. WHIR!

Postby BThompson » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Redraft league. Picked #2. I was surprised myself. I think the QB numbers from last year & "its a passing league" that I kept hearing people say all night skewed alot of the picks on QBs & WRs. Thanks for the imput, I've looked at Stevie alot predraft but kept talkin myself out of him.
BThompson
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions