Jordy Nelson for Doug Martin?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Jordy Nelson for Doug Martin??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jordy Nelson for Doug Martin??

Postby patriotracer2002 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Hey guys am in a PPR league with your standard settings. 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR.

My team is listed below:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Darren McFadden
RB: Cedric Benson
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Antonio Gates

Bench:
WR: Justin Blackmon
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: Torrey Smith
RB: Donald Brown

I need RB really bad I know. But, am I overpaying by sending Nelson for Martin?
patriotracer2002
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jordy Nelson for Doug Martin??

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:24 pm

This is a tough one. I like the fact that it's PPR for you, as in Jordy is not supposed to be a reception hog where Martin gets an obvious bump in such a format. Depth wise, this trade for you is almost a no-brainer as it'd heavily strengthen your core team. The problem here is Martin would absolutely need to pan out as I do not have my doubts that Jordy will turn in another solid performance this year. I say trust the rook and make the trade, your WRs are essentially unstoppable anyway.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rbem84 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Wow, interesting trade. My initial reaction was that you're overpaying but, now that I've really thought about it, I kind of like it. Jordy is a known quantity and you have to hope for Martin to live up to the hype, especially with Blount in TB too. Martin looks like the real deal though and, based on preseason, it seems like he's going to get a lot of touches. Beyond that, having Harvin and your lack of RB depth really push this in the favor of trading. If it were me, I think I'd do it.
rbem84
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby patriotracer2002 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks for the input. This is a really tough call.
patriotracer2002
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:28 pm

rbem84 wrote:Wow, interesting trade. My initial reaction was that you're overpaying but, now that I've really thought about it, I kind of like it. Jordy is a known quantity and you have to hope for Martin to live up to the hype, especially with Blount in TB too. Martin looks like the real deal though and, based on preseason, it seems like he's going to get a lot of touches. Beyond that, having Harvin and your lack of RB depth really push this in the favor of trading. If it were me, I think I'd do it.

Rumors are floating around that Blount is on the trading block. ;-D

The Tampa Bay Times speculates that LeGarrette Blount could be on the trading block.
Blount has already lost his starting job to Doug Martin, and the signing of D.J. Ware could be a sign that the Bucs view him as expendable. Ware is a middling talent, but Martin has the skill-set to be featured in an every-down role. Seventh-round rookie Michael Smith is a complementary, change-of-pace option.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby mpn2587 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:45 pm

I would do this trade, you're thin at RB and having Percy Harvin on the bench is kind of a waste, he's going to have a nice year.

viewtopic.php?t=517219
10 Team PPR-Return Yards
QB: Tony Romo, Andy Dalton
RB: Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Doug Martin, Donald Brown, Mikel Leshoure
WR: Mike Wallace, Brandon Lloyd, Pierre Garcon, Malcom Floyd, Kenny Britt, Brian Hartline
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Robbie Gould
DEF:
mpn2587
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mork » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:58 pm

I have Run DMC in a league too. His injury history is another reason for you to consider making this trade because it will help with the RB depth.

viewtopic.php?t=517382
mork
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CrimeDog7 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:31 pm

I would do the trade just by judging your strength at wr position on your bench. Harvin, Blackmon, and Smith. I think Martin is a big upgrade from Benson. I know its tough but I'd trust the rookie. ;-D
CrimeDog7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby crockies99 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:33 pm

I agree you are stacked WR, this trade is worth the gamble. I think Martin could be the best rookie RB this year and put up big numbers, especially since he is supposed to be a good pass catcher too.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=517383
12 TM PPR
QB M. Stafford, C. Palmer
RB M. Forte, M. Lynch, Demarco Murray, Lamar Miller, M. Bush, L. Bell
WR L. Fitzgerald, R. Cobb, TY Hilton, K. Thompkins, J. Blackmon
TE J. Cameron, H. Miller
D Steelers
K P. Dawson
crockies99
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Go DRays!!! » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:57 pm

As a Bucs fan, it hurts me to say this. I think you are overpaying for Martin. We haven't really seen yet how the Bucs are going to do. I'm hoping well but I'm also a realist. We did lose our last 10 games. Very diff times and we are a very diff team I get that but there's still question marks.

Now Jordy on the other hand...I think weve seen enough of Rodgers to know whats going on in GB. He's fast and I think got like 15 tds last year. I see him maybe getting a few less this year, but I think he's gonna have a great season.

Hope I helped...

Phz help!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517400
Go DRays!!!
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions