10 team no ppr standard redraft league- WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 team no ppr standard redraft league- WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team no ppr standard redraft league- WHIR

Postby KELLYLEAK » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:00 am

10 team standard non ppr- redraft league-
1 pt 10 yds rush/rec
1 pt every 25 yds passing
-2 fumbles/ints
bonus pts for long tds and over 100 yds rush, rec, and over 300 & 400 yds passing

starting lineups- qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, te, flex(rb, wr, or te), def, kick

My first time in a non ppr league, 1st time in a league requiring a te, and 1st time in a league requiring a flex. I tried to use some advice on this forum to help my draft strategy. Appreciate all ratings- positive and negative. I thought things went as well as I hoped all things considered.
I had the 1st pick out of 10.

1.01 A Foster rb ( between him and a rodgers)

2.10 M Lynch- rb (was between him and gronk)

3.01 Julio Jones- wr (was between him and v cruz)

4.10 V Cruz- wr (can't believe cruz made it back to me however peyton manning didn't- had cruz rated higher though)

5.01 Doug Martin rb tampa bay (was mainly between him aaron hernandez & w mcgahee, also considered ryan mathews, and t richardson) didn't like chargers offense and leron mcclain possible td vulture, or browns offense with trent rich. along with injuries- want to start fast out of gate- we'll see

6.10 W McGahee- rb surprised he got back to me- hoping denver would like to avoid peyton doing to many qb sneaks- give it to willis on the 1 yd line coach fox

7.01 A Luck qb- possible major reach but i really wanted him on my team my major sleeper and qbs were going fast- some guys took backups in the 4th and 5th round didn't want to chance it. i think he has top 6 potential - also considered r wayne, st ridley but qb was my biggest need

8.10 Torrey Smith wr- read some good things about him, missed two games last year and put up some decent numbers- young & on uptrend??

9.01 J Cutler qb- between him, rivers, and RG III didn't want 2 rookie qbs & liked bears soft schedule although- their o-line is a concern, chargers o-line looks worse than the bears which is saying something, RG III looks like he's too thin to stay off IR but he was great at Baylor

10.10 David Wilson rb (ny giants) decided to go wilson. tate was taken extremely early 6.1 and liked wilson's preseason. alos considered turbin as a handcuff hope i made the right choice. bradshaw seems like he always gets hurt. if he does i've hit gold.

11.1 T Gonzalez te- also considered jared cook, and fred davis. hoping atl new offense and emerging julio jones opens things up for tony g. once aaron hernandezx and gates were gone i had no interest in taking te's until later

12.10 R Cobb wr- taking a flyer on cobb- another concussion to jennings and a trade of james jones would make this one real interesting. also considered kendall wright. prefer cobbs qb rodgers to tennesse's locker

13.1 Seattle Defense- don't know much about them but their schedule isn't too bad ( also considered pitt defense)

14.10- Chicago Kick - (between him a oakland kick)

15.1 T.Y. Hilton wr indy - taking a flyer on the lightening quick rookie- hoping he can stay healthy

16.10 Dwayne Allen te indy- one of my deep sleepers- more of a fun pick- if i believe in andrew luck, which i do -someone has to catch those td passes- i'm hoping it's hilton and allen since i couldn't snag r wayne

10 team standard -non ppr

Qb- A Luck, J Cutler
Rb- A Foster
Rb- M Lynch, W McGahee, D Wilson(Ny giants)
Wr- Julio Jones
Wr- V Cruz, Torrey Smith, R Cobb, T.Y. Hilton (indy)
TE- T Gonzalez, Dw Allen(indy)
Flex- Doug Martin (Tampa Bay)
Def- Seattle
Kick- Chicago
KELLYLEAK
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 team no ppr standard redraft league- WHIR

Postby Zbetty » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:47 am

solid team. I think Cutler will have a good year so getting him late as insurance for Luck was a great pick. You have a good mixture of young talent and veterans.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=517368
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby draftmulligan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:02 pm

For the most part Ditto to Zbetty, give you a b to a b-. I think you start Cutler every week but two (Luck against Min), I think Cutler will throw up close to 5,000 yards this year...although with a lot of interceptions but INT only -2 in your league. I tried to get Cutler but he went to a bears homer in the 4th (SMH). Not a Lynch fan, work ethic sucks and under Carroll he may get overtaken by Turpin. I do like Your Flex and Backup RB options, good injury fillins and BYe replacements and other people cuffs too which I always love for trade value. Wrs are great Te's could use an upgrade. I feel you will be pleasantly surprised by Seahawks D.
draftmulligan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby KELLYLEAK » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:39 pm

C-mon guys i rated some of your teams, time to return the favor.
KELLYLEAK
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KELLYLEAK » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Last comment was not directed at Z-betty or Draftmulligan. I appeciate your guys feedback.
KELLYLEAK
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kidsilk » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:07 pm

I like your team first of all. I like Foster first for sure. He is a stud. I would have picked Gronk over Lynch second thought because of the TD factor, he will probably get twice the amount of TDs as Lynch. Jones and Cruz are an awesome one-two punch at WR and I am surprised Cruz made it back to you too. You got two other solid starters at RB with McGahee and Martin and I like both of them to hit 1000 yards this year. I agree with the other poster that you will be starting Cutler most weeks which is not bad. He will put up a ton of yards with Marshall back in his repertoire. Your DEF is one of the best and the rest of your bench looks solid. I really like the late round pick up of Wilson.

Nice team overall.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=517617
kidsilk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TugzMcBoat » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:39 pm

I like the Team, sort of... Super over-reach with Luck. in a 10 team league where TE have more value because they can be played as a flex and standard scoring where passing TD's are 4pts you honestly shouldn't even draft a backup QB (unless you have Vick) because you can pick up guys like Dalton or Cassel off the waiver and they will be servicible for a few weeks. So I really Don't like that pick, especially so early

Also why did you feel it was necessary to get Julio Jones in the third when you were deciding between Lynch and Gronk at 2.10? Logically speaking wouldn't that have made Gronk your 3.1 choice? What strategy were you employing wherein you had to draft a WR in the 3rd? I'm just really really confused. I don't mind the Julio over Gronk pick (TE is super deep and no way Gronk scores 18 again), I just think your reasoning was seriously flawed or I am missing something.

proabably a little bit of a reach with McGahee, I do like him just not in the 6th (although it was the last pick) he could have a strong year

Really really like the torry smith pick up in the 8th/9th wrap good uprising player, lot of value there. Had you not drafted Luck in the 7th I would have been really excited about Cutler in the 9th... but you did, so good job with the backup but I think you got those picks bass ackwards.

I like Cobb as a late round flyer

also with the TE flyer...I guess? I mean technically anybody after the 12th is a sleeper aren't they? but in a 10 team league you should have much better prospects. assuming he was available, I would have much rather preferred Kyle Rudolph there

thanks for your response in mine
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KELLYLEAK » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Tugz thanks for your feedback.

Passing tds in our league are 6 pts- i thought that was typical in a standard league but maybe I'm wrong on that. Every league i've eveer been in -passing tds have been 6 which i like.

At the 2nd/3rd round turn the guys i considered were Lynch, Julio, Gronk, and V Cruz. I decided that of those i liked Lynch and Julio the best. I think Julio can be top 5 wr and had him rated high. I wanted a top wr on my team straetgy wise if possible and was skeptical if Gronk could repeat a historic year.

Te - considered Rudolph- figured Luck was a better qb over Ponder so went with Allen. Also liked what i saw of Allen in college.
KELLYLEAK
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TugzMcBoat » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:14 pm

okay that makes a little more sense. for the most part standard scoring has always been referred to as 4 pts passing TD and 25yards per point in most every site I've used to run a Fantasy team and even before internet sites were used on a large scale. as far as the Julio Gronk thing I was just going off what you had in your OP where you said you were debating between Lynch and Gronk...and then picked Julio with the next pick lol

also with passing TD's at 6 with fewer Top Tier guys I actually would have liked Stafford in the 2nd or 3rd (assuming he was available) those 4 (rodgers, brady, brees, stafford) get a huge bump over the rest of field in 6pt per TD formats, and I would have been very tempted with Rodgers as the #1 but I certainyl understand and won't argue with Foster there.

Luck is a better QB than ponder but remember this is QB we're talking about, usually with rookies and young QB's, TE are their favorite targets. Plus Rudolph is just an absolute physical beast
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sabomnim » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:37 pm

solid starters but poor depth

big reach on luck but you already seem to know that
i like cutler a lot this year
martin and lynch should be solid but i think mcgahee is over the hill. wilson has potential if bradhshaw goes down but who knows when that happens
i like julio, cruz and smith but cobb is barely a flex in a 10 man league and hilton would have to be a huge sleeper for him ever to see the lineup
not a fan of gonzo but hes still cranking out production so hopeffully for u he still does
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Next

Return to Roster Ratings