Jamaal Charles a solid rb2? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Jamaal Charles a solid rb2?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jamaal Charles a solid rb2?

Postby jmoney0547 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 am

Hey, Having trouble deciding who to start for Rb2. McCoy is my easy pic for my Rb1. I have Jamaal Charles and Cedric Benson, but also picked up Rashad Jennings and Ronnie Brown off waivers. Charles plays the falcons and there's lots of talk about splitting with Hillis. I also thought about trying to trade Jennings or Brown while they still have value as I could use another backup receiver and am also questionable at Qb with Cutler. Thanks for the help.

Sorry, I'm in a 12 team standard league with qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te,, and no flex. Thanks.
jmoney0547
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jamaal Charles a solid rb2?

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:26 am

Charles is a great RB2. I would not worry about him losing touches because he has a career average of 6.1 yards per carry. Also he never relied on touchdowns. I would start him with confidence every week.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Re: Jamaal Charles a solid rb2?

Postby bhgilliland » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 am

Ah, the question all Forte, Peterson and Charles owners are asking.

I think so.

If you look at Jamaal Charles 2010 finish, his performance was blinding. Played all 16 games, and was considered up there with A. Foster. He had I think 230 carries for around 1500 yards, and close to 50 receptions for around 450 yards. I think he only had 8 or 9 TD's, but he was close to Arian Fosters numbers with a significant amount of less carries. This preseason he had a game with 3 carries for 12 yards and 1 catch for 11 yards. This sample is small, but it still shows the A) he is a hybrid back and B) they are going to get the ball in his hands multiple ways.

The addition of Peyton Hillis and his torn ACL obviously work against him, but I am guessing Charles will still have the fire.

The ACL tear was in week 2 of last year which has given him plenty of recovery time. And while Hillis will be stealing carries and red zone situations, take solace in knowing he put up VERY decent numbers playing aside Thomas Jones.

Hope this helped you.
bhgilliland
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench