What to do with #7? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What to do with #7?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to do with #7?

Postby LSUSaint » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:13 am

I have my draft tonight and I feel like I'm in a bind here. Should I draft a Brees/Brady or go with Megatron if he's there at 7? Or maybe CJ2K. Decisions..decisions..Help appreciated!!
LSUSaint
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do with #7?

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:01 pm

I would take McFadden over Chris Johnson. The offensive line is a concern for the Titians. If McFadden is not there I would take Brady. He is a safe bet to finish top 3 because of the weapons he has.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby prophecy135 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 pm

I Iike DMC over CJ as well, and I would also not choose any QB in the first. Let others take those "elite" top three, every mock I've done where I grab a QB early my RBs are horrible. You can always find value at QB later in the draft whether it's 5th or 7-9th. Also very similar argument with Megatron, sure he's obviously the best WR there, but there is depth throughout the draft at WR.

IMO RB in the first is always the best option, and the exception would be if the top 6 picks before you are RB, as then you're looking at some scary prospects, and then and only then would I go QB, just because it would be Rodgers and the RBs available at that point are nothing special. However, this is not likely as more people are going QB in the first. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

Team 1:
QB: Vick
RB1: Foster
RB2: Murray

Team 2:
QB: Rodgers
RB1: Peterson
RB2: Benson

Real example, granted its a little earlier in the draft then where you are, but I think it illustrates the point.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby LSUSaint » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Yea, ya'll made some good points. The only reason I would take a Brady/Brees is that pass TDs do count as 6pts. Although, I would try to target Matt Ryan later on in the draft. DMC just concerns me with his injury history, I think he will blow it up this year IF he stays healthy. I guess I'm narrowing it down between DMC/Megatron. I just think Megatron is in a class of his own and would be hard to pass up at 7 and on the turnaround grab a RB.
LSUSaint
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby prophecy135 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:27 pm

LSUSaint wrote:Yea, ya'll made some good points. The only reason I would take a Brady/Brees is that pass TDs do count as 6pts. Although, I would try to target Matt Ryan later on in the draft. DMC just concerns me with his injury history, I think he will blow it up this year IF he stays healthy. I guess I'm narrowing it down between DMC/Megatron. I just think Megatron is in a class of his own and would be hard to pass up at 7 and on the turnaround grab a RB.

Okay, here is another comparison then

Team 1:
QB: Stafford
RB1: DMC
WR1 Marshall

Team 2:
QB: Romo
RB1: Charles
WR1: Calvin

Little closer, but I still prefer the DMC team. Since this is a real example, if I listed off the rest of the rosters team 2 looks better, but that has more to do with the fact that the owner of team 1 drafted poorly in the middle rounds.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions