Please Help Me With My 1st Draft!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Please Help Me With My 1st Draft!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please Help Me With My 1st Draft!!

Postby looking4awin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:34 am

Hi,

Well I really could use some help with my draft. I am a female who joined a draft with a bunch a friends who are males. But they don't know I am in the draft. LOL.

I really would like to play and kick there ass... The draft is 12 teams and it will be ramdon pick right before the draft. I am looking for help on the best way to draft. Also the best players. One more thing does the postion of the draft matter?

When my male friends are talking about how they are going to pick they seem to be most intrested in picking a QB,WR,RB. I was kind of thinking about picking my DF 1st.. Is that a good idea?

Any help would be so great. I just like a chance at having a good team
looking4awin
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please Help Me With My 1st Draft!!

Postby bhgilliland » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:39 am

It really depends on your league setting, but I can tell you this - take a Stud QB (Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, M. Ryan, Manning) or Running Back (A. Foster, Ray Rice, L. McCoy, Forte) first. You want your first 3-4 picks to be explosive players. Wide Reciever's are deep this year, so a good QB, RB, and TE would be wise first choices. Defenses come way later in the draft, and are not your point makers.

Good luck!
bhgilliland
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby looking4awin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:57 am

Thank you for all the help. What about the player Luck? I hear people talk about him but I don't see him ranked high in FF.

When drafting What is the best postion to have?
looking4awin

Postby bhgilliland » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Luck was a top prospect coming out of college and was drafted number 2 overall this year. There is just a lot of hype between and and RGIII and him replacing Peyton Manning. He would make a good back-up QB if anything, but he's unproven and there are many other different choices. Keep your eyes open for Brees, Rodgers, Brady, M. Ryan, Micheal Vick, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Matt Stafford or Phillip Rivers as a first pick unless you want a Running back like I mentioned before. Keep your top 3-4 picks explosive offensive players. Maybe a QB, RB, RB, TE. Something of that nature.
bhgilliland
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jmoney0547 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:25 pm

I agree. Stud rb or qb first. You can try mock drafts online to practice different strategies or just to get a general idea of who people are taking. I like to print out adp lists which show you the average position each player is going at. That way when its your turn you can see who is left and if there are any steals on the board. Definitely wait on Def and kickers till later rounds.
jmoney0547
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby looking4awin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:57 pm

thanks for all the help. I tried to do mick draft but I was lost. It look you had to bet or something. I also could see what postion i was in the picking order. Who are your top choices for each postion? Also who are your favorite under dogs that might have a good chance this year.

thanks again for all your help.
looking4awin

Return to Beginner's Forum