12-Team Standard League. WHIR Always! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12-Team Standard League. WHIR Always!

Moderator: Football Moderators

12-Team Standard League. WHIR Always!

Postby NittanyLions1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Just drafted for a 12-team standard ESPN league. How did I do? I have one spot open for another WR or RB.

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Steven Jackson
RB/WR - Doug Martin
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - Steve Johnson
TE - Jimmy Graham
DST - Patriots
K - Matt Bryant

BENCH
RB - Isaac Redman
RB - Michael Bush
RB - Rashard Mendenhall
WR - Denarius Moore
WR - Malcom Floyd
WR - Laurent Robinson
RB/WR - picking up a waiver here
NittanyLions1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12-Team Standard League. WHIR Always!

Postby johnny p » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 pm

I think you did pretty well... I'm willing to bet that Michael Bush will be starting, and Steven Jackson will be riding your bench for too long though!

viewtopic.php?t=517380
johnny p Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bearsfanatic » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 pm

I totally disagree about Bush taking the starting job, but he's an nice handcuff. I love your QB to TE combo. Personally not excited about Mathews this year, but when healthy he's the man out there. I think Martin is going to hold that starting job and will be a nice flex for you throughout. I think Jackson has at least a couple more work horse years in him and if Bradford can get anything going in the passing game that he'll be solid for you. Not sure why the last guy sees him riding your bench? I'd be a little concerned only if one of your backs go down to injury, but you have some good flex options if one does. I like Lloyd alot this year and tbh WRs are so deep and such a crapshoot this year that I dont have any prob with your others. Here's hoping Mendy comes on strong for you come playoff time. Overall I'd say very nice draft and potential playoff contender.

Check mine out?
viewtopic.php?t=517412
bearsfanatic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fdeb35 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm

I like the strategic play at Steeler RBs, and I'm huge on Matthews and Martin this year -- you got a great value for the bulk of your starting roster. I'd normally criticize the Jackson selection, but without knowing where you picked from, Brees, Graham, Jackson, and Matthews should all be going in the first 30 picks and it's a nice little haul to get the lot of them. The obvious concern is at WR, but both Lloyd and especially Johnson have a chance to easily outplay their ADP.

It's a playoff contender without making any real moves, in my opinion. You could try to dump off a RB for a WR in a few weeks if you hit a HR with a bench player, but it isn't entirely necessary IMO.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=517422
fdeb35
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby NittanyLions1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:38 pm

fdeb35 wrote:I like the strategic play at Steeler RBs, and I'm huge on Matthews and Martin this year -- you got a great value for the bulk of your starting roster. I'd normally criticize the Jackson selection, but without knowing where you picked from, Brees, Graham, Jackson, and Matthews should all be going in the first 30 picks and it's a nice little haul to get the lot of them. The obvious concern is at WR, but both Lloyd and especially Johnson have a chance to easily outplay their ADP.

It's a playoff contender without making any real moves, in my opinion. You could try to dump off a RB for a WR in a few weeks if you hit a HR with a bench player, but it isn't entirely necessary IMO.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=517422

Got Mathews in the 3rd and Jackson in the 4th so very happy with those spots for them. Thanks
NittanyLions1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings