Most High Risk/Reward Team EVER? 12-Man League (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Most High Risk/Reward Team EVER? 12-Man League (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most High Risk/Reward Team EVER? 12-Man League (WHIR)

Postby mbry429 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:37 pm

12 team standard ESPN scoring non-PPR league:

QB-Robert Griffin III
RB-Darren McFadden
RB-DeMarco Murray
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Antonio Brown
TE-Aaron Hernandez
Flex-Jamaal Charles
D/ST-Seahawks
K-Matt Bryant

Bench:
WR-Kenny Britt
WR-Lance Moore
WR-Darrius Heyward-Bey
WR-Greg Little
RB-Jonathan Dwyer
RB-Kendall Hunter
WR-Randall Cobb

Okay so this is my 3rd money team out of 4 I will be playing this year and took a pretty wild approach..my other two leagues I got high picks (No. 1 and No. 3) and I took Foster in both of them (see my sig for another league team), yet in this league I got pick 12-13 in the snake so I decided to mix things up - I ended up taking DMC, Murray, Charles, Dez in my first 4 picks..I wanted Roethlisberger as my QB but will be fine with RG3 IMO - especially with his ability to run..Also R. Wilson and Locker are both available as backups so will likely grab one of them for bye week...wish I drafted a couple of more RBs in the later rounds because I obviously have a lot of injury risk (missed out on McGahee and Ingram, whom I both wanted) but there are still a lot of guys (Jacquizz, Turbin, Taiwan Jones who i should prob grab, Hillman) left on the waiver who may end up starting sooner than later

Let me know what you think and leave your link so I can try and help you out!
12 Team PPR BIG $ LEAGUE
QB - Matt Ryan (J. Freeman)
RB - Arian Foster, Reggie Bush (Ballard, Starks, Bell)
WR - Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall (Nicks, Britt)
Flex - Eric Decker
TE - Jared Cook, (G. Olsen)
D/ST - MIA
K - S. Graham
mbry429
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Most High Risk/Reward Team EVER? 12-Man League (WHIR)

Postby fdeb35 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Appreciate the detail you left on my squad. On the whole, you played the high risk/reward game as well as can be expected. It seems to me that the roster was constructed with a more measured approach than the usual risk/reward squads -- you picked the spots where you wanted to be ballsy and went for it. DMC, Murray and Charles are obviously a nice trio of RBs to hang your hat on. I'm big on Charles this year for the reasons you'd expect, but it's a personal preference, and there are obvious concessions there. Not so much on Murray, but I see the argument in his favor.

Goes without saying that the WRs are concerning -- lots of players who might hit, but you can't assume that there's an immediate winner in the entire group. I'm assuming our opinions differ on Dez... if there was a spot in the draft for you to go with the old-hand consistency, it was there, assuming the usual group of dudes were available. Of course it also goes without saying that a few of those guys hit (Randall Cobb, Greg Little, Kenny Britt... all high on my radar) and you've got one of the top squads in the league. And Griffin is Griffin. I'd go ahead and snare Wilson/Locker (I prefer Wilson) now because you know someone's going to be jumpy and take them if one has a big week one.

I'd stand pat until you have a better grasp of what's what with this team, but the first guy to move is Murray IMO. Value is high, could probably snag a few high quality pieces.

I wouldn't bank on this squad (bank on the team in your sig instead... that's a killer roster).. There'll be some hits and misses, and you can count on an injury or two in that starting lineup. Evaluating based on what I know right now? I'd give it a C+ or so.
fdeb35
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby h-town info » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:39 pm

fdeb35 wrote:Appreciate the detail you left on my squad. On the whole, you played the high risk/reward game as well as can be expected. It seems to me that the roster was constructed with a more measured approach than the usual risk/reward squads -- you picked the spots where you wanted to be ballsy and went for it. DMC, Murray and Charles are obviously a nice trio of RBs to hang your hat on. I'm big on Charles this year for the reasons you'd expect, but it's a personal preference, and there are obvious concessions there. Not so much on Murray, but I see the argument in his favor.

Goes without saying that the WRs are concerning -- lots of players who might hit, but you can't assume that there's an immediate winner in the entire group. I'm assuming our opinions differ on Dez... if there was a spot in the draft for you to go with the old-hand consistency, it was there, assuming the usual group of dudes were available. Of course it also goes without saying that a few of those guys hit (Randall Cobb, Greg Little, Kenny Britt... all high on my radar) and you've got one of the top squads in the league. And Griffin is Griffin. I'd go ahead and snare Wilson/Locker (I prefer Wilson) now because you know someone's going to be jumpy and take them if one has a big week one.

I'd stand pat until you have a better grasp of what's what with this team, but the first guy to move is Murray IMO. Value is high, could probably snag a few high quality pieces.

I wouldn't bank on this squad (bank on the team in your sig instead... that's a killer roster).. There'll be some hits and misses, and you can count on an injury or two in that starting lineup. Evaluating based on what I know right now? I'd give it a C+ or so.

Agreed with what he said as well. Not too high on Murray on that Dallas offense.

Rate mines? viewtopic.php?t=517493
12 Team 0.5 PPR Yahoo League
Starting 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

QB: Ryan, Locker
RB: Forte, Peterson, Sprioles, K. Smith, Gerhart, M. Bush
WR: J. Nelson, S. Johnson, G. Little, D. Moore, N. Washington
TE: Rudolph
K:
DEF: Texans
h-town info
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bradleyk » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:51 pm

You're right about the risk/reward. This could go very well or very poorly. Take it from a former Josh freeman starter though that if your QB sleeper goes bust, you need a solid backup. I'd try to hedge that bet by picking someone up off the waiver wire before the bye weeks begin. Preferably Locker.

Your WR looks pretty nice. I'm not high on any RBs on your bench, and you have three injury prone ones there. I would definitely immediately put in a claim for Taiwan Jones as a handcuff. I'd say you just about need him.

I do like the Kenny Britt pickup though. That guy could end up being an absolute beast and he would shore up your team quite a bit.

I know that I didn't say anything of too much substance, but I hope I helped. Good luck with your season!
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 122)

Return to Roster Ratings