12 team money keeper league; crazy auction prices - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team money keeper league; crazy auction prices

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team money keeper league; crazy auction prices

Postby WastelandENT » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 am

Alright to put this into perspective I will tell you about the league first. The league has been around sense the mid 90's and I just bought a franchise off of someone who wanted to get out of the league because of a tiebreaker dispute last year. The scoring is a little bit weird, it is a PPR league but it is not a set amount of points per reception, once the player reaches six receptions he earns one point and then another point for every three receptions after that until he gets to 12, once a player reaches 12 receptions they earn two more points. TD's are scored a little differently also, a rushing TD from 1-5 yards is three points a rushing TD from 6-15 is four points a rushing TD from 16-30 yards is five points and anything farther than that is a six point TD. Passing TD's from 1-10 yards is five points a passing TD from 11-20 yards is six points and from 21 and up the TD is worth seven points. Same goes for receiving TD's as passing.

Alright now to the main part, when I took over the franchise keepers for this year had already been set and the previous owner had chosen to keep Rodgers for $84 out of $200, leaving me with $116 to fill the rest of my team. Player values are so inflated in this league that Matt Ryan went for $66.I feel like my team was pretty good for having the least amount of money, let me know what you guys think of my team relative to how much money I had left.

QB: Rodgers $84 ( keeper )

RB: Gore $23

RB: F. Jackson $27

WR: Harvin $16

WR: Wayne $12

WR: D. Jackson $21

Flex: S. Rice $4/ D. Moore $1/ Amendola $2 ( not sure who to start at the flex yet, whichever one I start means the other two at bench players )

K: M. Prater $1

D/ST: Buffalo $2

Bench

QB: Gabbert $1 ( really wanted R. Wilson here as a future keeper but I lost him by $1 )

RB: K. Hunter $2, D. Thomas $1

WR: S. Rice $4/ D. Moore $1/ Amendola $2 ( whichever two I don't start at flex will be on my bench )

D/ST: Patriots $1

I feel like I did well at WR but my RB's are weak, I think I can compete with most teams in the league except for one who clearly looks like he should have the championship if he has no injury problems because he picked up V. Curz, A. Brown and C. Newton from the WW last year for around $10 each so he was able to keep Cruz, Brown, Newton and J. Jones who he took in last years auction for around $60 and had plenty of money left to fill his roster.

Let me know what you guys think!
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings