Am I deep enough at RB to bench AP week 1? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Am I deep enough at RB to bench AP week 1? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I deep enough at RB to bench AP week 1? WHIR

Postby SmokyMcNasty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:29 am

12 team league. We start 2 RB's and one flex. And I want to start a RB at the flex every week unless I have a 3rd WR that has a really good matchup.

Here's what I have right now as my starting RB's:

RB1 - Adrian Peterson vs Jags
RB2 - Trent Richardson vs Eagles
Flex - ?

AP is probably not going to get a full load of carries, so I am thinking of benching him week 1. But do I have enough depth at RB to bench him? Other than AP and Richardson, I have Isaac Redman (vs Broncos), and all three Washington RB's, Roy Helu, Alfred Morris, and Evan Royster (vs Saints). I was thinking of benching AP, and starting Richardson, Redman, and whichever Washington RB Shanahan names the starter... what do you think? Which 3 RB's should I start? Or should I not start a RB at flex at all and start Justin Blackmon vs the Vikings instead?

WHIR. Leave a link.
SmokyMcNasty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Am I deep enough at RB to bench AP week 1? WHIR

Postby rclement3915 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:21 am

man thats a tough call.... I am an AP owner as well, but have Doug Martin to start alongside SJax in his place for the beginning of the season.

Id personally sit AP, hes likely not gonna get many touches right out of the gate and is still a little risky, so id take a wait and see approach with him and roll with Redman (if healthy) or whoever the redskins plan on starting. Id rather have someone healthy sure to get touches.

good luck, help me out with my week 1 WR's?
viewtopic.php?t=517521
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby ramzstriker » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 am

I would just take the WAS rb's out of the equation to save you the headache, unless WAS decides to name a starter in the near future. I would set it between AP and Redman. Wait to see news on Redman's workload. If you don't like the situation, monitor AP until the last minute to make your call. I think AP has the best bet at a touchdown because of confidence, early season momentum. So it's a tough call. In the end, trust your gut, gather all the info you can and good luck.

Help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=517541
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD
RB: DOUG MARTIN
RB/WR: AHMAD BRADSHAW
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL
WR/TE: RANDALL COBB
WR/TE: BRIAN HARTLINE
DEF: TEXANS
K: RANDY BULLOCK

BENCH: C. Ivory, Ben Tate, R. Broyles, B. Pettigrew, J. Kerley, A. Dalton
ramzstriker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 22)

Postby fx495232 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:19 pm

I'd go Redman this week.
fx495232
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Troy35 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Ummm, why in the world did you want the headache owning all of Shanahan's backfield, haha. I think I'd go Richardson and Redman. I think the Viks are being foolish with AP starting him this early after destroying his knee even if he does start with only a few touches. I know he's a beast but he's not going to be anywhere near where he was and they just might cause him to re-injure himself.

You asked if you were deep enough at RB and I would say no, unless a true starter in Wash emerges...good luck. Run Blackmon as your flex.
Troy35
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby murda42 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:54 pm

whats your roster? how deep is your league? Can you grab Jennings or hillis on the waiver wire?
murda42 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 56)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Heck, I'm not sure that Richardson's gonna have a full workload, either.

I'd go with Redman for sure, and keep an eye on AP, TRich, and the 3 headed Redskin running back (I expect Morris will be the starter here beginning the season)

I agree with having Blackmon as your flex, at least without knowing the rest of your WR corps and how many WR you start.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=514494
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby falcotg4 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Realistically, you might not be in a position to comfortably start 3 RBs until week 3 or week 4. I think AP and Richardson are pretty dicey bets. Even if they suit up, their touches will be limited. The WAS backfield is a horrible week to week decision. I lost that gamble multiple times last season. I just cut Alfred Morris to spare myself the agony this season.

Go with 2 RBs until both the AP and Richardson situations are sorted. Can you maybe grab Ronnie Brown, C. Benson, or Kevin Smith to fill in? Even the Redman vs Dwyer thing is impacting you. Bottomlime, like I said, I feel you should probably minimize the damage at RB until your studs show they can get healthy carries.
QB Brees, Wilson
RB Morris, Moreno, Redman, Powell, C. Michael, K. Hunter, K. Davis
WR White, V. Jackson, T. Smith, J. Jones, M. Austin
TE M. Bennett, T. Eifert
Matchup DST / K
falcotg4
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Fasteddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Playing AP for Fantasy points this week is foolish. I'm bettin he gets 5-8 carries and he's out (one way or another. It's like the Whitten thing ...they just have to think long term.

Wash RB situation IS resolved (IMO).... 3rd down starter is Helu, all others (for week 1 anyway) to A. Morris (with a few to RGIII).

With that in mind, I'd start, Richardson, Morris (if he stays lisyed as the starter), and Blackman or your Flex.. Good Luck

(by the way)... I noticed that several people suggested that you try to pick up a "Hillis" or a Benson" or a "K.Smith"... Don't they realize that even those players are long gone in almost anyones draft this year,,, it's that Bad for RB's.

Please Help me back at:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=517625
If you love something, let it go....
If it loves you, it will come back to you...
If it doesn't come back to you...
You can always hunt it down and kill it....
Fasteddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Fasteddy wrote:
(by the way)... I noticed that several people suggested that you try to pick up a "Hillis" or a Benson" or a "K.Smith"... Don't they realize that even those players are long gone in almost anyones draft this year,,, it's that Bad for RB's.

lol!
I've been noticing similar posts today, too. you gotta figure most of those guys are gone already!
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Return to Who to Start/Bench