rank these rbs for ppr - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

rank these rbs for ppr

Moderator: Football Moderators

rank these rbs for ppr

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:58 am

Rank for ppr please. Its a ten man league, one keeper, ppr. I kept foster. I have seventh pick.

Murray
Sproles
Forte
Steven Jackson

Oh how I hope forte falls to me lol.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: rank these rbs for ppr

Postby AroundTheFur922 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:02 am

1. Sproles
2. Forte
3. S Jax
4. Murray
AroundTheFur922
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:07 am

AroundTheFur922 wrote:1. Sproles
2. Forte
3. S Jax
4. Murray

Sproles ahead of Forte huh? Not a believer in Murray I take it lol.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pmstick » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:18 am

Sproles was a top five RB last year in our PPR that rewards kick-return yds. I'm hoping he continues to return stuff this year...he was always a threat for big returns last yr.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team PPR

QB- BREES, Romo
RB- MARTIN, RICE, Sproles, Murray, A.Morris
WR-D.THOMAS, BRYANT, Maclin, S.Smith
TE- GRAHAM, Hernandez
K- TUCKER
DEF- BENGALS, Giants

Mathews for my Ridley/Redman
Rice for my Mathews/Wallace
pmstick
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AroundTheFur922 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 am

Yeah, Sproles, even without matching his marks from last year, will still likely end up with 70-75 receptions and 1,200 total yards. With the addition of Bush in the Bears backfield, I think it's likely Forte loses a few more touches and the coaching staff has come out and said his role in the passing game will be reduced this season. Add to that the fact that Cutler's new (old) toy Brandon Marshall is now in town and it all adds up to less production for Forte (still a high end RB but don't expect his numbers from previous seasons). S Jax has averaged such a heavy workload over his career that, as much as I like him, he is going to break down one of these years and this one is just as good as any. No, I am not a "believer" in Murray lol. I haven't seen enough of him to make definitive statement either way, but with such a small track record and so many "flash in the pan" players throughout NFL history, I can't put him ahead of these proven players.
AroundTheFur922
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 am

AroundTheFur922 wrote:Yeah, Sproles, even without matching his marks from last year, will still likely end up with 70-75 receptions and 1,200 total yards. With the addition of Bush in the Bears backfield, I think it's likely Forte loses a few more touches and the coaching staff has come out and said his role in the passing game will be reduced this season. Add to that the fact that Cutler's new (old) toy Brandon Marshall is now in town and it all adds up to less production for Forte (still a high end RB but don't expect his numbers from previous seasons). S Jax has averaged such a heavy workload over his career that, as much as I like him, he is going to break down one of these years and this one is just as good as any. No, I am not a "believer" in Murray lol. I haven't seen enough of him to make definitive statement either way, but with such a small track record and so many "flash in the pan" players throughout NFL history, I can't put him ahead of these proven players.

I agree with the Murray assessment. I got one more question for you or anyone else who reads this.

Lets say you have foster kept. Seventh pick overall and Steven Jackson, sproles, and Julio Jones are available. What do you do?

The people selecting eight nine and ten, none of them have a rb kept. So I figure they are likely to all probably take one. If that happens then I will definitely want to go rb before they grab three more.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sundydrver » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 am

1. Sproles
2. Forte
3. Murray
4. Jackson
sundydrver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 34)

Postby AroundTheFur922 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:09 am

Man, that's a tough choice. Given that it's a PPR and RB is inherently thinner than WR, I would lean Sproles. Julio is a prime-choice WR though so I couldn't blame you for wanting to go that route.
AroundTheFur922
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions