First Time in PPR draft, high stakes 12 team leagu.WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First Time in PPR draft, high stakes 12 team leagu.WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Time in PPR draft, high stakes 12 team leagu.WHIR 100%

Postby TugzMcBoat » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:33 pm

This was my first time to do a PPR draft. This league was also super competitive and run by some pretty seasoned fantasy owners. I think i did okay but got a little frustrated in the later rounds. Any thoughts are appreciated and WHIR 100%. I picked in the 11th spot.

Rd1 Tom Brady
Rd2 Ryan Matthews
Rd3 Adrian Peterson
Rd4 Greg Jennings
Rd5 Stevie Johnson
Rd6 Torry Smith
Rd7 Ben Tate
Rd8 Toby Gerhart
Rd9 Michael Crabtree
Rd10 Jared Cook
Rd11 Brent Celek
Rd12 Kendall Hunter
Rd13 Kendall Wright
Rd14 michael Tolbert
Rd15 Patriots
Rd16 Nate Kaeding

Start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1RB/WR 1K 1 DEF rec=1 pt standard scoring
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Time in PPR draft, high stakes 12 team leagu.WHIR

Postby KELLYLEAK » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Qb- Brady is solid.

Rb- I think you might be in trouble here. Mathews could be good if he stays healthy although the chargers o-line is a mess. AP is a huge risk- i would have passed on him but if he's back to his old self you're golden. Depth is a problem- who are you going to start if these guys are out the first few weeks?

Wr- Youe wr's are decent. Jennings plays on a powerhouse offense. Steve Johnson catches a lot of passes, Torrey Smith isn't as valauble in a ppr league but he's a young player who i read some good things about.

Overall i think the injuries & lack of depth at rb might be to tough to overcome. If Mathews and AP have great years your team will be strong, if not- your team will struggle.

Please rate my team.

viewtopic.php?t=517331
KELLYLEAK
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TugzMcBoat » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:25 pm

thanks for the response, Yea I wasn't too thrilled about the RB depth if AP doesn't start I do have Gerhart so I will have a starter in MINN no matter what. Tate and Hunter both need an injury before they become viable options (although Tate could be useful even with a healthy Foster). Overall I was really thinking long term with my team as Matthews probably won't Start until week 3 and Peterson probably won't be his old self until week 3 or Later, So I'll probably take a hit the first couple of weeks with the hopes of steam rolling the last 3 quarters of the season.

I do have some immediate value with Crabtree and Smith...what kind of value do you think I could get with one of them paired with one of my RB's?
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KELLYLEAK » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Hmnn. Hard to say. Like if it was me i wouldn't even consider AP. I've tore my knee before and was never the same- I'm biased though against guys with torn ACL's. If I was you I'd package AP & Gerhart with Crabtree around the league to see what interest there is.

I'm curious to see when Mathews comes back if he will be the goaline back or if they'll give it to Mcclain. Also can mathews hold up. i broke my collar bone in my younger days- that took a few months to heal. PPR leagues i've been in reduce qbs value a little- not sure about your scoring though. You could consider some blockbusters- like trying moving brady to upgrade the other rbs spot and get an up & comer like Luck who you already know I think can be really good. It's really up to you though. It's your team, go with who YOU want. That's what it's all about having fun. Good luck man.
KELLYLEAK
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings