Looking for opinions (#9 pick, 12-team league) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Looking for opinions (#9 pick, 12-team league)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for opinions (#9 pick, 12-team league)

Postby Whisper » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 pm

So as mentioned, I had the 9th pick in my 12-team, 0.5 PPR redraft league this year. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (WR/RB/TE), 1K, and 1D/ST. Other than the 0.5 PPR, everything else is standard scoring:

QB: Vick, RGIII
RB: McFadden, Matthews, K. Smith, R. Brown, R. Williams
WR: Nicks, S. Smith, Britt, LaFell
TE: Hernandez, Tamme
K: Bironas
DEF: NYJ

I feel like I did relatively well, particularly compared to some other managers in the league, but obviously there's always room for improvement. I wish I had a bit more WR depth, so I might drop Tamme if I see any deep sleepers on waivers. That, or wait and see how he does in weeks 1/2 and possibly trade him.

Thanks ya, and WHIR.
(0.5 PPR, 12-team league)
QB: Vick, RG3
RB: McFadden, Matthews, K. Smith, R. Williams, M. Goodson
TE: Hernandez, Pitta
DEF: Spot start (Cin in wk4)
Whisper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking for opinions (#9 pick, 12-team league)

Postby ampant » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:46 am

Thanks for the detailed reply to my post. Much appreciated.

Looking at your team, I think you did a good job balancing your starters. I am not as high on Vick as some are, due to injury concern, but is healthy he is sure to pay biiig dividends. We'll see how RGIII pans out, but I like you chances of having a solid play at QB from week to week with those guys.

Love your starting RBs. Long term you may have scramble to find a new RB3 if K Smith loses significant touches to Best or LeShoure. WRs should be solid, though you may have problem week 1 if Nicks is still banged up and Britt sitting. Love the TEs, though I don't see Tamme seeing the starting lineup until the bye week. I wouldn't drop him, maybe package him in a trade to KSmiths handcuff (whether that turns out to be Leshoure or Best). Jets D is decent, but their offense had beeter inprove or they will be on the field a lot.

QB: Vick, RGIII
RB: McFadden, Matthews, K. Smith, R. Brown, R. Williams
TE: Hernandez, Tamme
DEF: NYJ

I feel like I did relatively well, particularly compared to some other managers in the league, but obviously there's always room for improvement. I wish I had a bit more WR depth, so I might drop Tamme if I see any deep sleepers on waivers. That, or wait and see how he does in weeks 1/2 and possibly trade him.

Thanks ya, and WHIR.[/quote]
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Happy Homer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 am

For a 12 team league, I think you did a solid job. I'm pretty high on Vick this year with a lot of the other QBs going early, I feel like he can be a big steal in the 4th if he can stay healthy. Love your running backs as well, as long as DMC and Matthews can stay health you'll be really strong there. I'm not super high on Kevin Smith because I think he'll only have an impact in the beginning of the season. I would think about packaging Steve Smith and Kevin Smith to see what you can get on the WR Market. You won't have a ton of depth, so you'll just have to do a good job scouring the wire, so be alert, but your starting lineup would be really strong.

Help with mine please! viewtopic.php?t=517740
Happy Homer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Whisper » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:43 am

Thanks for the replies, y'all. Especially appreciate the trade suggestions regarding K. Smith; packaging him with either Tamme or S. Smith could end up panning out well, depending on who I'm able to finagle in return.
(0.5 PPR, 12-team league)
QB: Vick, RG3
RB: McFadden, Matthews, K. Smith, R. Williams, M. Goodson
TE: Hernandez, Pitta
DEF: Spot start (Cin in wk4)
Whisper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings