10 team Non-PPR: WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 team Non-PPR: WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team Non-PPR: WHIR!

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:47 pm

10 team standard scoring league. I had the 4th pick but after a huge draft pick trade, I landed #5 as well. How do you think this team turned out?

QB: Brady
RB: McCoy
RB: S. Jackson
WR: Lloyd
WR: Colston
Flex: Decker
TE: Davis
D/ST: Bills
K: Bironas

Bench:
Hillis
Redman
Floyd
Gerhart
Ryan Williams
Chiefs D/ST
Kendall Wright

All thoughts are appreciated. Thanks, and WHIR!
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 team Non-PPR: WHIR!

Postby Veeds1690 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Team is solid overall. What was the trade that allowed you to have the 4th and 5th pick?
Veeds1690
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Kaotic Ryit » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:10 pm

I see we both like Ryan Williams and Kendall Young as sleepers to break out.

I like what youve got there but if youre looking to improve I would look at upgrading at WR. If one or both of Wright/Williams breaks out in the first few weeks you will have some trade bait to upgrade that WR core. Lloyd will be good but would be better suited as a great WR2 rather than a WR1 IMO.

Id also see if you could upgrade a RB to have a RB worth having in the flex spot.

Get that WR upgrade and you could be in very good shape.
Kaotic Ryit
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 am

Veeds1690 wrote:Team is solid overall. What was the trade that allowed you to have the 4th and 5th pick?

Thanks. The trade was picks #5 and #55 for #17 and #24, but I ended up trading back into the 3rd round where I took Sjax.

And I'm confident that Lloyd will become a WR #1 this year, but if that doesn't work out, I'll definitely be looking for an upgrade there. Thanks!
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Senseimatt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Brady and McCoy? Yeah I'd say it turned out well. Your RB depth is nice. I like Gerhart and Hillis as TD vultures. I think your WRs have too much competition and could be inconsistent week to week. I also think the TEs on those teams are the #1 targets. Your depth at WR is iffy too. I don't trust rookie wide outs. I like the Bills D potential, but they could bust. I think Kansas City is a good replacement if the Bills play like last year. Brady/McCoy/Jackson should be enough points most weeks. Solid overall, maybe trade Hillis or Gerhart and see if you can get a number #1 target receiver. Doesn't have to be Megatron/Fitz, just someone reliable (S. Johnson on the Bills maybe or if you could even land Harvin).
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby sundydrver » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Solid team. I like LLoyd but agree Colston #1 and some weeks Decker #2 especially if you want a RB in your flex instead. will need some tweaks to WR but wont know that till after first couple weeks probably. BUF isnt a bad D but Iwould keep you eye open for week to week pickups for D's with good matchups.

Thanks for your help, sorry not much help on yours.
sundydrver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 34)

Postby knighttrain1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 am

Brady McCoy Sjax? Wow! I like that Cheifs play in lousy division with strong kickers! Gonna have to sit Bills twice against Pats if not more. TE might need a look. Keep an eye on Pettigrew or Olson.
12 team redraft: QB Warner; RB LT, R. Brown, F. Jones; WR R. Moss, V. Jackson; TE Carlson: LB Barrett Ruud; DL Kevin Williams; DB Erik Coleman; K Prater: Bench -- Wells, Sproles, Ginn, Coffee, Campbell, Norwood, Meachem, Henry, Davis, Britt
knighttrain1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby saintsfan123 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:27 am

i think you have a real solid team man. brady, mccoy, jackson, colston and decker. im not to high on lloyd imho. with welker and the slew of tight ends that will be getting the ball down in new england leaves not to many reps going towards llloyd for catches, but he is a burner so we shall see i guess. the jury is still out to see what he can do and if he can producde then ur team is stacked my man. def a playoff team right here.
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Roster Ratings