Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker

Postby kasimar1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 pm

I drafted Demaryius Thomas in my league and had the change to grab Decker. A couple of web sites I had been to had Thomas ranked slightly higher than Decker. I'm just curious if I made the right choice or not.
kasimar1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker

Postby jmoney0547 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Ahh, the chicken or the egg. I went Decker, but wouldn't be suprised either way. I'm in standard scoring, but to be honest, I could see Decker being more valuable in ppr league.
jmoney0547
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:40 am

Like Decker a tad better, three tads if PPR. Thinking Peyton will lean toward a receiver who runs routes reliably and who runs shorter routes. Until I see him do it, I have some distrust over Manning's arm strength. And maybe he does too, so I look for him to throw short to intermediate routes more early in the season until he feels more comfortable.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby m16a » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:40 am

Thomas v Decker seems to remind me an awful lot of the fantasy conundrum of Jackson v Maclin. I think they are mirrored very similar in terms of situation and fantasy contribution (albeit on different talent levels/fantasy tiers). Decker, like Maclin is the far more polished and better overall receiver. He'll be the more consistent producer, but probably with a lower of a ceiling, but, in my mind, a much higher floor. Thomas, like Jackson, has big play ability and will have you some GREAT games, along with some awfully quiet ones. I take Decker if I've already rolled the dice on some boom/bust type WRs. Thomas is my guy if I have a Calvin, Fitz, or Roddy type already in the fold.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Wood Chipper » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 am

Thomas is more likely to get long TD's but I think Decker will edge out Thomas over by the end of the season.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby kasimar1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Thank you for the feedback everyone. Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm in a non-PPR league with stanards scoring. My other WRs are Percy Harvin, and Miles Austin. Im hoping Percy Harvin has a big year. It's funny last year I had Maclin for one of my WRs and he was way better than Jackson (when he was healthy). I'm hoping picking Thomas doesn't turn into a major mistake.
kasimar1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Wood Chipper wrote:Thomas is more likely to get long TD's but I think Decker will edge out Thomas over by the end of the season.

I think this is good.

Here's the thing about Decker and Thomas. I was high on Thomas leading up to the pre-season. And then I realized something and remembered something else. I realized that Peyton Manning is a tactician. 1,2,3 ball comes out. He expects guys to be in a certain place at a certain time. Decker is a very good, precise route runner. Thomas is not. Last year when the Broncos used a real quarterback (Orton), Decker caught half his passes, TDs, and nearly half his yards in 4 games. Then when They switched to Tebow, he only caught another 22 and 4 TDs the remaining 12 games. Tebow A. Can't throw B. Has trouble reading a defense C. Used alot of PA passes off of the option offense Fox installed for him (which is more suited to a defense stretcher like Thomas).

Now I believe Thomas was out the first 4 games last year. I'll grant that but I think we've already seen that Manning favors Decker. I think Thomas will have some big games but Decker will be more consistent and definitely catch more passes.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Over his last nine games (including playoffs), Demaryius Thomas has 48 catches for 933 yards and six touchdowns.
Projected over 16 games, those numbers equate to 85 catches, 1,658 yards and 10 touchdowns. Thomas' freakish size/speed combination has caught Peyton Manning's eye as he has racked up a team-high 18 targets compared to 15 for Eric Decker through two weeks. He's clearly the No. 1 wideout in Denver.
Source: Denver Post
Sep 18 - 12:00 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby TitsMcGahee » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Thomas is looking like the man, pretty salty I got Decker :-t
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Return to Football Talk