Week 1 GC: Dallas @ New York Giants - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 1 GC: Dallas @ New York Giants

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 1 GC: Dallas @ New York Giants

Postby WebHamster » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 am

%-6
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Week 1 GC: Dallas @ New York Giants

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:52 am

It feels like Christmas Eve :-D

I heard this morning the spread is only three points. I would have thought the G mem would be favored by more than a field goal.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:51 pm

scottaa1 wrote:It feels like Christmas Eve :-D

I heard this morning the spread is only three points. I would have thought the G mem would be favored by more than a field goal.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Season. ;-D Sadly, I will be out of town and miss the game. Such are the sacrifices to keep life lubricated and running smoothly enough to bear. Enjoy the game all, look forward to reading your no doubt witty and inciteful commentaries.

Huge game for the girls. Foreshadowing a tough season? VaGiants crush Cowgirls 31-20. Big Game for Eli and Bradshaw, who makes it thru without having to go on IR.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby m16a » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 pm

I don't give two shakes of a rats tail that I'm gonna be watching the Cowgirls and the Giants. Football is back, and that is an oh so wonderful thing. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby benb18a » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Wait so this is an 8:30 EST game? Why would they want to play until nearly midnight for a regulation game? I thought the home team played at 7, 8 at the very latest?

That said, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, football time's here! :-D :-b :-) ;-D :-] B-) O:-) :-° }:-)

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm

benb18a wrote:Wait so this is an 8:30 EST game? Why would they want to play until nearly midnight for a regulation game? I thought the home team played at 7, 8 at the very latest?

Yep, 8:30 start time. And I think I read somewhere about a halftime ceremony :-? seeing as NYG are the reigning SB champs, and why pass up a chance to rub that into Jerry Jones' face?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby benb18a » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
benb18a wrote:Wait so this is an 8:30 EST game? Why would they want to play until nearly midnight for a regulation game? I thought the home team played at 7, 8 at the very latest?

Yep, 8:30 start time. And I think I read somewhere about a halftime ceremony :-? seeing as NYG are the reigning SB champs, and why pass up a chance to rub that into Jerry Jones' face?

I guess, but it's kind of rubbing it into the face of their own fans, many of which won't get home until about 1 a.m on a weeknight. Not that I am complaining about staying up as late as I usually do to watch the game :-b

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 pm

scottaa1 wrote:

It starts at at 7:30 here where it's being played,silly est users :-D
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby benb18a » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Wait, multiple sources, including here say it's "at New York" so how is it in Dallas? Unless both this site and nfl.com are wrong. I guess we'll find out in 1.5 hours :-b

But I still think it is retarded to start what is going to be one of the longest games you can possibly have, with auto replay and a halftime performance, at 8:30 p.m.

2011:

benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:14 pm

benb18a wrote:Wait, multiple sources, including here say it's "at New York" so how is it in Dallas? Unless both this site and nfl.com are wrong. I guess we'll find out in 1.5 hours :-b

But I still think it is retarded to start what is going to be one of the longest games you can possibly have, with auto replay and a halftime performance, at 8:30 p.m.

you're right thats my bad(don't know why but coulda sworn this was at Dallas,guess need to lay off the beer some),but still this seems usual time for a night game.Correct me if I'm wrong but dont remember a night game starting before 7cst
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting