Week 1 GC: Dallas @ New York Giants - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 1 GC: Dallas @ New York Giants

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 GC: Dallas @ New York Giants

Postby JoeySeven » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:37 pm

The NYG are really weak at the CB spot because of injuries.
Coe was 4th option already because of injuries.

The New York Giants suffered another key injury at their most vulnerable position, as cornerback Michael Coe left Wednesday night's opener against the Dallas Cowboys with a hamstring injury late in the third quarter and won't return.

The Giants were already thin at cornerback, as second-year pro Prince Amukamara was ruled out of the opener with a sprained ankle suffered in a preseason game on Aug. 24, and Terrell Thomas is on injured reserve after reaggravated his surgically repaired right knee.

Fifth-year pro Justin Tryon was forced into action in Coe's spot in the fourth quarter. Sure enough, Tryon was beat by Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin for a touchdown that put the Cowboys up by two scores late in the game.
JoeySeven
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benb18a » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Nice Win!!!! ;-D :-D I was pleased with our defense tonight.

Me too. Offense has some kinks to work out but will be strong overall as well ;-D

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby T-Lo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:00 am

Good season opener. Ogletree popped up great (picked him up from FA on yahoo and have an acquisition waiting on ESPN waivers) and Bradshaw proved himself even in the NYG loss.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Postby Anthony777 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:30 pm

I started Victor Cruz in two leagues and Eli Manning in one league. None of those starts panned out. Hopefully, Manning and Cruz will post better performances next week.
Anthony777
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:55 am

Both teams were rustier at the start than I thought, and to my surprise it was the Cowboys who got their act together. Great to see Romo and Austin come through.. and not blow it in the end. Eli never got it together, wonder how much Cruz's droppsies affected him. Superbowl hangover for Cruz? Limelight making it hard to see clearly?
Wouldn't recommend dropping Cruz for Ogletree but if you need WR depth...

Great to see football back ;-D ;-D ;-D
Way to many flags, should consider quality of game vs time it takes to play and maybe start the clock after teams are back in huddle? Delay of game and false starts from rushing to get play off drag the game down

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Anthony777 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:14 am

moochman wrote:Both teams were rustier at the start than I thought, and to my surprise it was the Cowboys who got their act together. Great to see Romo and Austin come through.. and not blow it in the end. Eli never got it together, wonder how much Cruz's droppsies affected him. Superbowl hangover for Cruz? Limelight making it hard to see clearly?
Wouldn't recommend dropping Cruz for Ogletree but if you need WR depth...

Great to see football back ;-D ;-D ;-D
Way to many flags, should consider quality of game vs time it takes to play and maybe start the clock after teams are back in huddle? Delay of game and false starts from rushing to get play off drag the game down

I picked up Ogletree in one league (with no waiver restrictions) and will likely put out waiver requests for that player in the other two leagues, depending on how other free agents perform this weekend. You are right, both teams were rusty. I think Cruz will pick things up in the next game. He was definitely getting open, just not making the catches.

I also agree with you re: stopping the clock after certain penalties. It would lengthen the game (from its current 3 hours) but would also make things a bit more fair. The Giants lost some key time as a result of Dallas penalties.
Anthony777
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting