9th Pick, 10 Team, 0.5 PPR - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

9th Pick, 10 Team, 0.5 PPR - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

9th Pick, 10 Team, 0.5 PPR - WHIR

Postby sixer03fan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:06 am

Hello all, please rate my team. I had the 9th pick in a 10 team league online draft last night. Non-keeper. All basic stats with the exception of 0.5 PPR. No flex, 3 WRs.

My analysis: I feel very good overall. At the 9th pick, Rodgers and Brady were off the board, along with Calvin, and the "elite" running backs. I decided to go with Brees to guarantee I got the last elite QB. I took Fitzgerald on the way back, which I feel good about, as he's the 2nd best WR in my opinion. So while waiting on RB's in the first 2 rounds, I got a proven and elite QB and WR, instead of forcing the selections of two 2nd or 3rd tier running backs. I'm very happy with the RBs I got considering that I waited until the end of the third and top of the 4th rounds to take them. Ryan Mathews is definitely a question mark, but he and Steven Jackson both had by far the highest talent and upside of the RBs that were left. It's tough to get two heavily featured RBs in today's game (especially when waiting so long to take them), where so many teams that spread the ball around more and go with RBBC systems. I personally love Ryan Mathews this year, despite the fact that he's already slated to miss week 1, and I'm totally confident that the Rams are going to ride Steven Jackson hard as they always have. I also like my depth at RB behind them. I'm very happy with Antonio Gates. I think he's going to be healthy this year and will be back to his old self. I had him as the 3rd best TE in the draft this year. As for Dez and Britt, I acknowledge the risk, but the upside for where I drafted them is tremendous. I truly believe that they can both be top 10 WR in the league this year if they don't **** up. I also really like Malcom Floyd this year. He gives me great insurance as a 4th WR. I made one true mistake, where I accidentally drafted Mike Leshoure in the 12th round instead of Justin Blackmon. I don't know what happened, I either clicked Leshoure by accident or it was a glitch... I'm not feeling Leshoure this year at all, so I dropped him for a kicker immediately. I don't love the Jets defense, but since I waited until the last round, I can't complain.

I think I have a pretty high risk, high reward team. But if it pays off, my team seems pretty stacked in my opinion. Thoughts?

QB: Drew Brees (1)
WR1: Larry Fitzgerald (2)
WR2: Dez Bryant (6)
WR3: Kenny Britt (7)
RB1: Ryan Mathews (3)
RB2: Steven Jackson (4)
TE: Antonio Gates (5)
K: Jason Hanson (undrafted)
DEF: New York Jets (15)

Bench: BenJarvus Green-Ellis (8), CJ Spiller (9), Malcom Floyd (10), Ben Tate (11), David Wilson (13), Mike Williams (TB) (14)
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 9th Pick, 10 Team, 0.5 PPR - WHIR

Postby woods_opc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 am

Thanks for the help.

I like your team, but here are a few thoughts. You have a few big question marks in Britt, Gates, and Matthews. Love the protection that BJGE gives you at running back but I am less confident with your depth at WR. Gates is getting a lot of hype in preseason, but it has been a couple years since you played with any consistency. If he has similar issues this year it is really going to put a lot of pressure on your bench.

However, if Matthews and Gates are healthy and Britt can put it together you are going to have a fantastic team.
woods_opc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ericcck » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:47 am

i feel pretty much the same as the poster above, but i think britt will be OK and I also think that if mathews returns and stays healthy your 2 RBs will be pretty good, I am high on sjax this year. if mathews is a bust you'll have some problems, but BGE does give you some great protection there.

at least you dont have to worry about a flex stretching that roster a bit.

rate mine?

viewtopic.php?t=517799
ericcck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Lucretius76 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 pm

As long as Gates stays healthy and Britt gets back to last years form ai think you did well. I like the Brees pick, but with a ppr league if megatron or forte were there they would have been good picks as well.
Lucretius76
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Bballneverstops » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 pm

I like your team a lot considering you had such a late pick. I am a huge Rams fan and Jackson will be the work-horse once again. However, just be aware he might put up similar numbers to someone like Turner. He has been the only bright spot on our offense for years and I think he might have a slower year. Also I would try to trade for another reciever. Depedning on how knowledgeable some of the people in your leauge are I like someone like Vincent Jackson or even Eric Decker. However, if you cannot get someone like that through a fair trade I would stick with your team. Maybe Spiller and one of your recievers for a stronger wide out. Other than that good luck!
QB: RGIII
RB: Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson
WR: Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace
TE: Martellus Bennett
W/R: DeMarco Murry
Bench: Bernard Pierce, Isaac Redman, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Giovani Bernard, Greg Jennings, Antonio Brown
Def: Patriots
K: Greg Zurline
Bballneverstops
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby illad3lph » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 pm

I like your team. Obviously Drew Brees is nasty. I think Britt will be amazing if he doesn't decide to get another DUI or beat someone up. I am a little nervous about Mathews but it appears you got that covered. What about a backup TE? I really am not a fan of Gates.
illad3lph
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Roster Ratings